PDA

View Full Version : Bora Ultra 2018 Nipple Size ??

UKBROOKLYN
09-16-2018, 06:11 PM
OK Great brains.. title says it really.. does anyone know the size of the square external nipples and which nipple wrench I should order for my new Bora 35s... Yeah I don't want to buy the Campagnolo branded one..

TIA

UKBROOKLYN
09-17-2018, 07:35 AM
Bump

oldpotatoe
09-17-2018, 07:39 AM
OK Great brains.. title says it really.. does anyone know the size of the square external nipples and which nipple wrench I should order for my new Bora 35s... Yeah I don't want to buy the Campagnolo branded one..

TIA

see below..

AngryScientist
09-17-2018, 07:43 AM
well, i dont know if they are the same, but out of curiosity, i just checked and my bora one's use the park blue SW-3 wrench for the nipples. my bet would be that the ultras are the same. i believe the main difference between the one's and the ultras is the hubs/bearings?

anyway - curious why you feel like you need to order a spoke wrench before you even get the wheels? why not just wait to get them and measure the nips? you shouldnt need to true them right away, for sure?

https://www.parktool.com/assets/img/product/_productEnlarged/SW-3_001.jpg

UKBROOKLYN
09-17-2018, 04:28 PM
I have the wheels already.. Like to have my tools on hand.. I think you are right Bora ones and ultras have the same external square nips.. I have a micrometer but I didn't know if theres some sort of wire guge wierd width to them.. Campy afterall.. I will Check the Park Tool thingy.. Thanks again..