PDA

View Full Version : Small (Paceline) world

makoti
09-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Out on my ride today & noticed a couple of guys riding by, one of which was on a red, white, and brushed Ti Serotta. Nice bike, but after being a member here for a while, I always think that any Serotta I see must be a member. Later in the ride, paths crossed again & we got to talking and sure enough, it was someone from here. Zoomie80. Didn't get to ride together long, but had a nice chat. I do believe he was the first Paceliner I've run across in the wild. I always check out stem bolts on group rides to see if anyone else has one of ours. Until today, no luck.
So, Zoomie80, if you read this, enjoyed it & we'll have to try to plan a ride sometime!

Black Dog
09-16-2018, 12:55 PM
The paceline stem caps are like a secret society badge. I love the dancing banana on my stem cap. :banana:

jpritchet74
09-16-2018, 01:01 PM
The paceline stem caps are like a secret society badge. I love the dancing banana on my stem cap. :banana:

Any chance that those are still available?

Black Dog
09-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Any chance that those are still available?

It was a group order from a few years ago. We would have to put together another one.

jghall
09-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Guessing like the hopeful cap revival, there may be enough interest in these too.

Not sure how many would be necessary for bulk/minimum order?

tlarwa
09-16-2018, 01:20 PM
It was a group order from a few years ago. We would have to put together another one.

I’m in for one!

SPOKE
09-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Put me in for 5 please

OtayBW
09-16-2018, 01:42 PM
I lost mine! :crap:

jpritchet74
09-16-2018, 01:43 PM
I would take 2 of them.

cmg
09-16-2018, 02:35 PM
yea, i'll take a few.

Spaghetti Legs
09-16-2018, 08:38 PM
What about us retrogrouches with quill stems?

sitzmark
09-16-2018, 09:39 PM

Super glue?? :)

jmoore
09-17-2018, 10:03 AM
I can't find who did the last batch. IIRC, there was a 3 dozen minimum for each design, or something like that.

AngryScientist
09-17-2018, 10:06 AM
i actually handled the order for these last time, if i recall correctly.

if there is significant interest, i'm sure we can have another batch printed.

pretty tied up at the moment, but i'll start another thread to see what real world numbers we have for wants...

jmoore
09-17-2018, 10:14 AM
i actually handled the order for these last time, if i recall correctly.

if there is significant interest, i'm sure we can have another batch printed.

pretty tied up at the moment, but i'll start another thread to see what real world numbers we have for wants...

I'm having terrible flashbacks on the shipping mess that the first batch had. Remember USPS was opening the envelopes and there were a bunch missing. (shudder)

AngryScientist
09-17-2018, 10:36 AM
I'm having terrible flashbacks on the shipping mess that the first batch had. Remember USPS was opening the envelopes and there were a bunch missing. (shudder)

yes! that's right. i think it was the anodized bolts that where missing if i recall right?

jmoore
09-17-2018, 10:38 AM
yes! that's right. i think it was the anodized bolts that where missing if i recall right?Bolts and caps were missing. Some envelopes were delivered with nothing in them. Disaster.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

josephr
09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Bolts and caps were missing. Some envelopes were delivered with nothing in them. Disaster.

As a participant in the last batch, there was some problems with the anodized bolts not being shipped to you guys or not even shipped at all??? I don't really remember, but I do recall feeling like a whiney jerk b/c of the orders not being right and having to email about stupid stem bolts. I wouldn't blame you guys if you decided it wasn't worth the hassle. However, if you decide to try again, let me know how I can help.

Ozz
09-17-2018, 02:31 PM
"dave thompson" had some stickers...a long time ago....:cool:

Tickdoc
09-17-2018, 02:35 PM

yeah! my one contribution to the forum....I noticed we had hats, and now socks, but thought stem caps would be fun. I didn't design, or make, or ship, but I love my paceline stem caps.

jmoore
09-17-2018, 02:48 PM
yeah! my one contribution to the forum....I noticed we had hats, and now socks, but thought stem caps would be fun. I didn't design, or make, or ship, but I love my paceline stem caps.We've done 3 caps, headset caps and wool socks. I think there was a jersey at some point too.

DarkStar
09-17-2018, 04:25 PM
I'm good for three. Wonder how I missed the original order:banana:

purpurite
06-07-2019, 04:57 PM
We should do it again... I found the original artwork from the stem caps. Still available if anyone wants to pick up the torch and run with it. They were done by kustomcaps.com if anyone wants to fire this one up again. I just put one on my new bike and got me thinking about the whole fiasco of the first run.

doug

vqdriver
06-07-2019, 05:34 PM
i have the cog cap (maybe it's a chainring??) on mine. it does seem like a secret handshake of sorts.

choke
06-07-2019, 05:37 PM
I think there was a jersey at some point too.Yes, a wool jersey from Cima Coppi.

Bruce K
06-07-2019, 05:42 PM
There was also a Serotta Forum Jersey (Red, White, Blue) that I remember being part of as well as a black Serotta Forum PMC team jersey.

And both Serotta Forum (BBDave) and Paceline (also BBDave) kits.

BK

MattTuck
06-07-2019, 08:01 PM
tv_vt is the only forum member I've run into while out riding (knew he was in my area, and that he had a Hampsten... so when I saw the pig, I asked if it was him.)

Other than that, I've planned and completed rides with a half dozen of you clowns!

Always nice to move from cyberspace into the real world.

ojingoh
06-07-2019, 08:06 PM
I want one!:banana:

Zoomie80
06-08-2019, 06:46 AM
Makoti—-sorry I just now saw this thread, I remember our brief ride and chat that day. Great to see and ride with another forum member.

I think I saw you in the last week or two, you were ahead of me on Rt 123 and turned onto Lee Chapel (recognized your Crumpton). I was on my Venge, have not ridden the Legend in a while. Called out your name but you had already turned right.

I missed out on the Paceline Forum stem cap buy, but I do have a Serotta top cap on the Legend. I’m in for a couple Paceline stem caps if there’s another chance to order.

Cheers,
Zoomie

d_douglas
06-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Here in lil ol Victoria, I’ve passed a very tall person on a Black Mountain Cycles commuter. I put 2 and 2 together and realized this is our very own Xnetter. We have yet to meet for a beer, but it’s only a matter of time!