PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help: HS Project Dealing with Saddles

Leoner
09-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Good morning fellow Paceline members

Two students in my Engineering Design and Development course are investigating the issue of uncomfortable saddles. If you could take a moment to respond to their questionnaire they would really appreciate it. Shouldn't take more than 3 minutes of your time

Click here to begin the survey. (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfzO0qiGYU0uEOTuBe_4PsFcHAWcB9l-09C2D2ZSrqA2jgcog/viewform?usp=pp_url)

Thank you,
Lenny Perez
Sato Academy of Mathematics and Science

C50
09-13-2018, 01:10 PM
I took the survey. I also wanted to make the offer that if you or your students had any additional questions I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. Besides my current position and former role, I was also the Chairman of the Bicycle Saddle Committee for the World Federation for the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) when it was first formed. I certainly don't have all the answers but can most likely point you in the right direction or connect you with the best resource to get the information you need.

Dave
Selle SMP

v531xc
09-13-2018, 01:10 PM
cool! took the survey. Will the students formulate a design suggestion for prototyping or is there a different outcome goal?

sw3759
09-13-2018, 01:45 PM
done.took all of 30 seconds.hopefully you get a big response from forumites.glad to help :)

ultraman6970
09-13-2018, 04:33 PM
Well just to start the 1st question about the back pain has more to do with fit than nothing. You can engineer the best thing ever so you dont get lumbar back pain, but if the guy has the saddle wrong set the super engineered saddle wont work.

Engineer something for lower back pain is a problem because you are subject to a rider with the saddle in the wrong place.

Nuts pain or PITA engeneered saddle? I would go more there than nothing.

IME the reason some saddles dont work eventhought other guys likes them is just because your butt is a PITA, sold brand new stuff because just did not work, as simple as that.

Hope this helps.

makoti
09-13-2018, 06:03 PM
Done.

HenryA
09-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Took the survey.

Let us know what comes of it.