PDA

View Full Version : Women's Worlds MTB XC Spoiler

nalax
09-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Here's a link to the finishing lap:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/2018-uci-mountain-bike-world-championships-kate-courtney-wins-world-title

This kid is off to a good start with this being her first year as an elite.

Is it still a spoiler if the race was yesterday?

kramnnim
09-09-2018, 02:07 PM
#sparklewatts :hello:

jpritchet74
09-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Thanks for that link - I couldn't believe it yesterday morning when I saw the news - just unbelievable.

And hell yes #sparklewatts !!!

mattsurf
09-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Spent the weekend in Lenzerheid to watch WC DH and XC. Such a fantastic Atmosphere, and Amazing to watch the skill of the DH riders and fitness of the XC riders. I am just getting into XC.... I have a lot to learn. DH riders are simply crazy, the men's top 3 were within 0.2s - they are absolutely on the limit the whole way down. Rachel Atherton's run was simply amazing, 10 seconds faster the second place

dustyrider
09-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Spent the weekend in Lenzerheid to watch WC DH and XC. Such a fantastic Atmosphere, and Amazing to watch the skill of the DH riders and fitness of the XC riders. I am just getting into XC.... I have a lot to learn. DH riders are simply crazy, the men's top 3 were within 0.2s - they are absolutely on the limit the whole way down. Rachel Atherton's run was simply amazing, 10 seconds faster the second place

Must of been such blast. It looked like a lot of fun.
Rachel’s supreme dominance is also astounding. Look it up. She’s the GOAT!

nalax
09-11-2018, 04:44 PM
And this is from cycling tips:

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/09/the-weekly-spin-kate-courtney-an-american-in-rainbow-stripes/

mattsurf
09-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Must of been such blast. It looked like a lot of fun.
Rachel’s supreme dominance is also astounding. Look it up. She’s the GOAT!

The weekend was perfect, the competition, crowds and weather were amazing - I went there with family, but it would have been even better to have been on the bike.

bikinchris
09-11-2018, 05:00 PM
The Olympic Channel played the race. She was catching the leader anyway, but when that leader bobbled a line on roots, she passed and never looked back until she was within sight of the finish.

kramnnim
09-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Good interview with Kate on the Velonews podcast.