PDA

View Full Version : Paul Canti Lever click/pop

mwynne
09-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Curious if anyone has come across something similar.

Recently set up some Paul Canti Levers (with Yokozuna housing to TRP Spyres), and one of them is giving a click/pop when force is applied to the lever during braking. Almost seems like the cable is catching on something inside the body and settling/slipping into place under force.

Ideas for troubleshooting?

David Kirk
09-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Spray some lube on the straddle cable barrels where they meet the arms.

dave

mwynne
09-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Spray some lube on the straddle cable barrels where they meet the arms.

dave

It's a disc setup, not canti (despite being Canti Levers - short pull disc calipers).

oldpotatoe
09-09-2018, 07:26 AM
It's a disc setup, not canti (despite being Canti Levers - short pull disc calipers).

Little grease on head of cable in lever..bet it's not seated well..

David Kirk
09-09-2018, 08:19 AM

OK....so my reading comprehension wasn't 100% there!

I agree with the Old Spud.

dave

bicycletricycle
09-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Little grease on head of cable in lever..bet it's not seated well..

This. If the cable head in its relaxed position isn’t concentric to the pocket it will make that noise.

mwynne
09-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Greased cable head seems to have fixed it in the stand!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mattnes17
09-10-2018, 03:31 PM
I serviced a friends Spyre's that had a loud click. Once the pads hit a certain level of wear, a spring inside the caliper makes a click noise.

Check your pads.

mwynne
09-10-2018, 03:35 PM
I serviced a friends Spyre's that had a loud click. Once the pads hit a certain level of wear, a spring inside the caliper makes a click noise.

Check your pads.It seems to have been the cable head not seating here, but I did notice some noise from the caliper as well. Will give that a look too.

jtakeda
09-10-2018, 03:52 PM
It seems to have been the cable head not seating here, but I did notice some noise from the caliper as well. Will give that a look too.

You won’t have to worry about the noise. Once that spring in the caliper pops you lose all tension and will certainly know you need new pads