PDA

View Full Version : a phone call from dario

Climb01742
11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
a little while ago, my phone rang. my jaw dropped when i heard "ciao". it was dario. he was just calling to say hi and say he was ok. we talked. we spoke about seeing each other next summer in italy. we spoke about his son and my family. he told me he and his girlfriend were about to go out for dinner on saturday night. we talked about paint colors for a frame. he sounded happy. like anyone, he has his ups and downs, but life is basically good for dario. he just wanted me to know that. and i just wanted to share that with his fans here.

i hope the good folks at cc.com reconsider their review. maybe it was a case of seeing and hearing the same things and simply drawing different conclusions. but my chat with dario confirmed my feelings that DP is dealing with the human condition just like we all do. good days and not-so-good days but we endure.

i can't wait to see my friend next summer. his laughter and spirit are a joy to behold. he lifted my spirits. i hope i lifted his. ciao.

Erik.Lazdins
11-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I was very pleased to read your post. It's good to hear that Dario is doing well.

Ride well

sjbraun
11-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't know Dario, but I ride one if his frames.
I don't know as I would be overly concerned by anyone who looked bad in Vegas. Could there be a more depressing place?

Kevin
11-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear that Dario is doing well.

Kevin

Marcusaurelius
11-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Down and not out in Vegas. I am not sure what Vegas offers besides a fix for an addiction to gambling. I think it might be the end of civilization but I'm not sure.

67-59
11-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Down and not out in Vegas. I am not sure what Vegas offers besides a fix for an addiction to gambling. I think it might be the end of civilization but I'm not sure.

+1

Ginger
11-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Good to hear Climb. Thanks for passing that happy note along.

BumbleBeeDave
11-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm not a Peg owner or rider, but don't we all go through high and low times? God knows I've had my share of both! I went to the link and read the CC piece and I simply could not understand what place such maunderings had on a bike dealer's web site. The bike may--or may not--be incredibly hot and a masterpiece, but to speculate on whether it's creation indicated the maker was contemplaitng suicide seemed, to me, to be in very questionable taste.

We can argue about this patricular bike, but the endeniable fact remains that DP is a consummate framebuilding artisan and he deserves our good wishes.

BBD

Serpico
11-04-2006, 05:35 PM
climb--you're the coolest

thanks for writing this

sincere thanks

OldDog
11-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I love this place.

Too Tall
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM
:)

amg
11-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Dario is ok.

Stati bene amico mio!

Saluti,

Antonio

tbushnel
11-04-2006, 10:46 PM
The bike may--or may not--be incredibly hot and a masterpiece, but to speculate on whether it's creation indicated the maker was contemplaitng suicide seemed, to me, to be in very questionable taste.

We can argue about this patricular bike, but the endeniable fact remains that DP is a consummate framebuilding artisan and he deserves our good wishes.

BBD

+1
Glad he is well.

soulspinner
11-05-2006, 07:08 AM
It reflects well on you that he called you. Thanks for the GOOD news. :beer:

davyt
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
...i can't wait to see my friend next summer. his laughter and spirit are a joy to behold. he lifted my spirits. i hope i lifted his. ciao.

James,

You certainly lifted mine by sharing this. Thank you!
--
Davy