PDA

View Full Version : how limber do you feel?

IXXI
11-04-2006, 01:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/KELLY-BIKE-CO-83-5CM-CUSTOM-ROAD-FRAME-FORK_W0QQitemZ330045460487QQihZ014QQcategoryZ36135 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

whoa.

shinomaster
11-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Dude, that would be a good clown bike for those jokers up on Alberta...

A.L.Breguet
11-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Dude, that would be a good clown bike for those jokers up on Alberta...
I'm thinkin'. Maybe an added 'top' tube and saddle inside the main triangle. And a tiller type gizmo attached to a fork blade. Hmmm, would really get conversations going at the first club ride.
:D

Too Tall
11-04-2006, 06:16 AM
..."free shipping anywhere in the Continental US if winning bid exceeds $3500".

Oh, well than if he validates parking I'm in ;)

Fat Robert
11-04-2006, 07:13 AM
a frame josh is TooShort for

what's the biggest dude you've raced against? I knew a guy at Iowa when I was getting my undergrad...he was in med or dental school, i think...former D2 center, six ten...like riding behind a truck, bro....

Louis
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Re: The "This one actually fit him pretty well except that it’s huge size made the 700c wheels look like skate board wheels. What can I say – Erick is all about style. So I made him another one." comment

My "this is what a double triangle bike should look like" feeling tells me that once you get past a 62 or 64 ST things start to look funky because I'm used to seeing what has become for me (and I'm guessing, most people) a natural set of proportions. (I ride 60s.) Consequently, anything this big just doesn't look right.

I think one potential solution is to completely drop the double triangle design (or GT triple in this case) and try for a radically different way of connecting hands, feet, and butt to the wheels. That way someone won't be subconsciously comparing the frame / wheels proportions to the "perfect frame" they already have in their head. I've seen quite a few attempts to do this with standard sized frames, none of which is perfect, but it could be the way to go. I wonder what they finally ended up doing....

Louis