PDA

View Full Version : So my wife got in a bike after 40 years...

ultraman6970
09-05-2018, 12:38 PM
I found this 1973 huffy mixte 3 speed in the street like 8 months ago, maybe more...all orginal, even the tires and the saddle where the original ones, cleaned it out, new tires... polished the chromed fenders just waiting for her to decide to use it... she jogs but at this point her knees are sufffering so it was just a mere thing of time....

Finally my wife last saturday got the desire to ride it, last time she rode a bike was when she was 11 y/o... we went to the school parking lot next to us to check out her skills, she helmet on... and there she went like a master with no hesitation in the handlebars, just nothing... my older kid was speechless asking me how that was possible :D I just said... "dude, maybe your mom was a natural biker and she did not know"... even she was getting the pedals position right while turning...

We swapped the saddle for another one i had moving around (1960's persons if not earlier), her posture got corrected... bad idea... she was riding better :D

Lets see how it goes this weekend with an hour long ride at the trail...

paredown
09-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Nice!

I picked up a Giant Suede this year for my lovely wife--she doesn't like hand brakes or derailleurs. Comfy seat, flat bars etc.

One ride--then she plunged headlong into running a State Senate campaign, and she has not looked at it since.

The irony is that we gifted the previous attempt to our neighbor (too big for my wife) and the plan was that they would ride together. Meanwhile the neighbor's job has gone crazy and she barely makes it home in time to sleep and head out again so she has not ridden it either.

Maybe next year...