PDA

View Full Version : CS carbone stays OR traditional Steel Stays

Smiley
11-03-2006, 06:23 AM
For those of you that ride a steel CDA or CIII , what do you like about your Carbone rear end :)

Getting closer to my wifes fit on a CDA and this along with paint schemes are the remaing items of debate.

Jason E
11-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I like the traditional steel. Either way, you've been talking about this pending bike over the last three weeks or so, so much, that now I can't wait.

What is she equiping it with? Campy? Shimano? Sram? Wheels?

Inquiring minds are now invested!

Smiley
11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
SRAM Rival on its way to my office , Custom wheels by our own Forumite Jeremy of Alchemy Wheel Works ( he will build something special to even surprise me ). Poco bars will be mounted on my size cycle along with the Sram Brifters so I can fine tune my wifes fit. I already know based on her stock 50 cm Serotta Legend Ti with 7 cm BB drop where I will end up with her fit but untill I get the brifters and the bars set up I won't really know dead on sure what the TT length will be.

I am leaning to Steel since its predictable and REAL :banana:

cydewaze
11-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I can't believe Smiley is asking this question! :p

pdxmech13
11-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I had a cs put on mine mainly so that it and my other bike looked the same.
I "feel" as though it does offer some road noise compliance, but that being
said Serotta won't put braze ons on the carbon one. I think that going with a nice true 25-26mm wide tire could offer similar results.

Blastinbob
11-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Stick with steel, unless they come softer then the ones on the CDA that I used to have. I'm around 190 and only felt any diffence on severe bumps, normal cracks and road abnormalties were no better then any steel stay that I have ridden.

Chad Engle
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
If you are going with an unpainted carbon fork, I say the carbon stays look sweet. The arc/bend/radius matches the fork rake as does the color. They look cool in the sun as well. I'm not going to try to sell you on all that "road buzz reducing, vibration dampening" jazz as I've never ridden an all steel CDA, but I do like the look of the carbon stays. :beer:

davids
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
My personal choice would be all-steel, to get that sweet springy feel. Not that I don't love the ride of my Nove, but variety is the spice o' life and all that...

What does your wife say about all this?

zank
11-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Come on, Smiley. Steel stays all the way.