PDA

View Full Version : Campy H11 Bleeding/Oil Level Tool Question

RobJ
08-29-2018, 11:47 AM
One bike has a set of Campy H11, but the LBS did the brake bleeding etc. So I am doing it now on another bike and everything went ok except that the brake pads are too close together for the rotor to fit. I didn't have the Campy oil level tool inserted (or the transport thingys) so thinking it was too much fluid and pushed the pads too far in? Is there another best practice like maybe leave the wheel/rotor installed during the bleed?

R3awak3n
08-29-2018, 11:55 AM
One bike has a set of Campy H11, but the LBS did the brake bleeding etc. So I am doing it now on another bike and everything went ok except that the brake pads are too close together for the rotor to fit. I didn't have the Campy oil level tool inserted (or the transport thingys) so thinking it was too much fluid and pushed the pads too far in? Is there another best practice like maybe leave the wheel/rotor installed during the bleed?

from what I understand you need the tool so you know exactly the perfect amount of oil to go in the caliper.

I get it, $30 for a piece of metal is a rip off (even though it does look neat in ano red with the old school campy logo) but it is what it is. Works great, I bled my brakes and used the tool and the campy bleed kit and it came out perfect and pretty easy.

RobJ
08-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Thanks - trying to find the tool is the other problem. Have one on order from BikeSomewhere but shows "processing" into day 3 of the order ;-)

R3awak3n
08-29-2018, 06:17 PM
Thanks - trying to find the tool is the other problem. Have one on order from BikeSomewhere but shows "processing" into day 3 of the order ;-)

I ordered mine from new egg and got here within a week. Can send you the link, its a 3rd party seller on new egg iirc