PDA

View Full Version : Description of Campagnolo brake pads?

Ralph
08-27-2018, 08:29 PM
How do you describe the Campy replacement pads for Campagnolo brake models just before skeleton brakes came out. For alloy rims. Does RE 700 sound right? 2001 and up?

I have Chorus and Centaur pre skeleton brake sets that will need pads soon. Last model before skeleton, not older models. These are black pads, no screws or springs in the holders. Looks like they just push out the back of the holders.

Don't use brakes hard around where I live, they never really wear down, pads just get old and hard in my garage. Thought some fresh pads might be in order after 10 or 15 years.

Been riding Campy brakes for 45 years....never bought pads before.

DRietz
08-27-2018, 08:57 PM
Anything post 2001 will work. Same pads as the skeleton brakes, even.

Ralph
08-28-2018, 06:18 AM
Anything post 2001 will work. Same pads as the skeleton brakes, even.

Thanks

AngryScientist
08-28-2018, 06:57 AM
Been riding Campy brakes for 45 years....never bought pads before.

that's pretty impressive!

i wouldnt get too caught up with finding genuine campagnolo replacements either, unless it's easy. for your undemanding needs, kool stop or jagwire make good pads for campy and are easy to find and cheap.

https://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2013-Jagwire-dual-color-road-bike-brake-pads01.jpg

gfk_velo
08-29-2018, 02:08 AM
that's pretty impressive!

i wouldnt get too caught up with finding genuine campagnolo replacements either, unless it's easy. for your undemanding needs, kool stop or jagwire make good pads for campy and are easy to find and cheap.

https://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2013-Jagwire-dual-color-road-bike-brake-pads01.jpg

For others with more recent wheels asking a (broadly) similar question ...

Using non-Campagnolo pad may cancel your warranty if the wheels are new / near new.

This is most important for Shamal Mille and anything carbon.

If we receive any warranty claim regarding brake track damage on any Campagnolo wheel, we are required to ask for the brake pads back as well.

Non-Campag pads on Shamal Mille and carbon rims are an automatic void of warranty. We can sometimes be more flexible on alloy rims.

Ralph
08-29-2018, 06:12 AM
I just bought two sets of Campy pads on E Bay. Thanks everyone. Mostly used on Zonda's.