PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Seat Mast - Help

mmelito
08-26-2018, 08:09 AM
I tripped over a great opportunity and the frame was built with. Integrated seat mast. Based on the Manuel measurements (not a geo sheet) the seattube and IST from centre of BB to top of IST measures 66cm or 660mm sans topper.

My fit is 735-740mm centre of BB to seat rails.

My question is it possible to make this frame fit me and not creating the opportunity of damaging the IST by using a longer topper.

I don't have any experience with ISTs, thanks for feedback it's appreciated.

oldpotatoe
08-26-2018, 08:14 AM
I tripped over a great opportunity and the frame was built with. Integrated seat mast. Based on the Manuel measurements (not a geo sheet) the seattube and IST from centre of BB to top of IST measures 66cm or 660mm sans topper.

My fit is 735-740mm centre of BB to seat rails.

My question is it possible to make this frame fit me and not creating the opportunity of damaging the IST by using a longer topper.

I don't have any experience with ISTs, thanks for feedback it's appreciated.

Put your saddle on the topper and onto uncut seatmast and measure..if it's more than the 73.5-74mm to seat rails, yes..if it's less, a longer topper if one is available. If you are going to cut seat mast tho..measure twice.....then measure again...

mmelito
08-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Put your saddle on the topper and onto uncut seatmast and measure..if it's more than the 73.5-74mm to seat rails, yes..if it's less, a longer topper if one is available. If you are going to cut seat mast tho..measure twice.....then measure again...

Unfortunately, I don't have physical access to frame.... thus my struggle. Wish it just hade a seattube so I could fit a seatpost.

oldpotatoe
08-26-2018, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have physical access to frame.... thus my struggle. Wish it just hade a seattube so I could fit a seatpost.

Well, can the seller or whomever has the frame put a saddle on it and measure? Depending on the construction, some seat masts can be redone as a normal seat tube cluster with a clamp..is the frame new? From a manufacturer?

kramnnim
08-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Most toppers would be too short, if you're lucky and the seat mast is 30.2mm, you could use a Trek, they would be long enough...