PDA

View Full Version : Bessette's Hoods

pdxmech13
11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Just started reading the new velonews and on the cover is Lynne B.
On first glance it appears as though here S-ram hoods are white.
Then further in the mag another pic shows the same.

This could be the best thing ever. Right ? :D :beer: :D

pdxmech13
11-01-2006, 10:26 PM
that's tuff to say the least.

coylifut
11-01-2006, 10:50 PM
too bad the the girl with the black hoods won. It was amazing when this Katie Compton girl comes out of nowhere, enters her first elite womens race of the season and puts the smack down on everyone at nats.

shinomaster
11-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm more interesred in her other stuff, not her hoods... :banana:

William
11-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Huh?

Wait a second. We're talking about basset hoods right?????

http://www.pet-clothing.net/dog-hats.jpg

William ;)

Bruce K
11-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Definitely a cool touch, but I think there is a practical side as well.

I believe one of the reason's Lyne's hoods are white is so that the cyclocrossworld.com mechanics can quickly distinguish her bikes from Ben Jaques-Maynes'.

They both are riding the Thorne Nommay frame in similar size and similar equipment.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
. . . is Compton? She has legs like Ah-nold! No wonder she's smackin' everybody down!

As for the hoods, what dif does it make, except that they are gonna get absolutely filthy dirty in about one lap of the course . . . :eek:

BBD

zank
11-02-2006, 07:45 AM
I wish Compton came to G-star. It would have been cool to see the stars and stripes. Watching her win in PVD was cool.

flydhest
11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
I have no idea why it was so hard to get the "old boys" to accept and promote women's sports. Good lord, this is quite a reason to be in favor. Sometimes, being a spectator is better. Title IX, bless your little heart. (I feel no shame, as I've heard lots of women admire the bodies of male athletes . . . )

Practical note, this photo could add to the other thread about pedals for 'cross. What are those, Eggbeaters and Time Atacs, no?

coylifut
11-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I have no idea why it was so hard to get the "old boys" to accept and promote women's sports. Good lord, this is quite a reason to be in favor. Sometimes, being a spectator is better. Title IX, bless your little heart. (I feel no shame, as I've heard lots of women admire the bodies of male athletes . . . )

Practical note, this photo could add to the other thread about pedals for 'cross. What are those, Eggbeaters and Time Atacs, no?

egg beaters left, shimano's latest offering right

We get over 100 women each weekend at out local cross series. I have 5 sisters and two daughters. I've watched my fair share of women's sports and I got a lot more in front of me.