PDA

View Full Version : Auction bike

H.Frank Beshear
04-28-2004, 08:48 PM
I am in the gather parts and build part of the the new frame. I bought the 59 concours with the flame paint job. Sorry Cap'n the flames are cool, I'm going to run Bontrager X-lite tubies, and carbon seatpost, and a mix of record and chorus with FSA compact cranks. I'd of waited for the campy compact but wasn't sure of the release date. First time with tubies I'll start with the Tufos with the sealer, lots of positive comments. I'll definately post pics, Russ you wouldn't be traveling this way for any reason would you? :D I'll do my best to do the paint justice. I hope to have everything ready for a weekend test run, I'll have to borrow a stem so it won't be perfect but I will ride. BTW I was and am very happy with the whole process for the auction. Waiting for the first ride. Frank

Smiley
04-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Glad you like your new bike Frank can't wait to see the pictures and it maybe fun to put a fire extingusher in a water bottle cage for the photo shoot !

geoatl
04-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Just to add my 2 cents....I got the Concourse CS 48 from the auction and was also pleased with the process (and the price !). Now, since the frame fits both my wife and I we are gentely positioning for who we build this one up for me or her. My 6 year old has also layed claim to it.