PDA

View Full Version : Good dual valve replacement pump head?

oliver1850
08-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Head fell apart on one of my Blackburn pumps. Was never crazy about it because it required a lot of stem length to get a good seal. I don't always have long stem tubes on hand and have some wheels that don't have a lot of stem accessible. Any recommendations?

Brian Cdn
08-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Topeak Smarthead. Has been very reliable for several years... and it's still working fine.

weaponsgrade
08-23-2018, 09:58 PM
+1 for the Top Peak Smarthead. I switched out my presta-only head a few years ago so I could also pump up my kids bike and trailer. No leaks and I've yet to replace anything. It grips a little tight so you have to take care to pull it off straight. But that's about my only complaint.

kramnnim
08-23-2018, 09:59 PM
https://www.amazon.com/KUWAHARA-HIRAME-Pump-Head-Yoko/dp/B003EIIXSG

Ken Robb
08-23-2018, 10:35 PM
I think I have a used head for a Joe Blow and an unused rebuild kit that I can send you. This head started to pop-off once in a while so I called Topeak. They were out of repair kits so they sent me a new head. A few weeks later I also received the rebuild kit but I was already using the new head. I doubt I will need another pump head in my lifetime. Let me know if it's something you would use and I'll try to find it.