PDA

View Full Version : Record 2007 just in...

ergott
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
weight two different sets.
114g front (both)
232g/230g rear

They look more industrial than the silver ones did. The bearings feel as wonderful as they have. Freehub body is titanium. Build specs are about the same as previous.

Skewers:
54g
62g
both samples

My opinion, nice stuff. Not as "pretty", but they are as good as the older ones and a little lighter to boot.

Strike that. The freehub body is alloy. It looks like ti in colour, but the site says alloy.

swoop
10-31-2006, 06:17 PM
06 record made in italy. 07 record made in china. shhhhhhh, it's a secret. it's all about the finish on this year's parts. i've seen the cranks and they look really well finished. i would assume q.c. is still the same standard as before.

Grant McLean
10-31-2006, 06:28 PM
No more 28 hole ones... :(

end of an era!

g

pdxmech13
10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
maybe 36 could be the new 28

dgauthier
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
06 record made in italy. 07 record made in china. shhhhhhh, it's a secret.

Are you serious? 'Cause I swear to god, even from just the pictures, I could see the difference.

The new hubs look just like everyone else's hubs now. Not as nice. I don't know what it is, the chinese forging just doesn't look as precise and well articulated as the non-chinese stuff.

Chad Engle
10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Campy is the new Shimano

stevep
11-01-2006, 05:57 AM
shimano makes the new campy stuff in their indonesian factory.

Grant McLean
11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
shimano makes the new campy stuff in their indonesian factory.

Now i'm confused.
Does that make the Pope Muslim or is he really a Buddist?

g

William
11-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Now i'm confused.
Does that make the Pope Muslim or is he really a Buddist?

g

DUCK!!!!

William

atmo
11-01-2006, 06:48 AM
does 07 ergo shift with one hand clapping atmo?

Grant McLean
11-01-2006, 07:05 AM
does 07 ergo shift with one hand clapping atmo?

that joke is like so three lives ago...

g

manet
11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
that joke is like so three lives ago...

g

he's older than he looks

atmo
11-01-2006, 07:14 AM
he's older than he looks
i do not look, but i do see atmo.

OldDog
11-01-2006, 07:22 AM
I manufacture stuff. Some stuff I used to sub out to USA companies and have my name put on it. Today that stuff is farmed out to China, and it comes back with my name on it. I get away with no country of origin on the parts as they go into another assembly.

I don't know about Italy's import laws but Campy <may> be able to have parts made in Asia and you and I would know no different. FWIW, stuff I have made in China is of higher quality than the same items once made here, for far less cost.

For those thinking I may be a s.o.b. for taking work to China, it boils down to cost. Keep the work here and I lose it. Nobody eats. Take it off shore, at least my guys eat. A hard fact of todays world economy.

Hail back to pre '98 hubs/components. They had style.

William
11-01-2006, 07:28 AM
I manufacture stuff. Some stuff I used to sub out to USA companies and have my name put on it. Today that stuff is farmed out to China, and it comes back with my name on it. I get away with no country of origin on the parts as they go into another assembly.

I don't know about Italy's import laws but Campy <may> be able to have parts made in Asia and you and I would know no different. FWIW, stuff I have made in China is of higher quality than the same items once made here, for far less cost.

For those thinking I may be a s.o.b. for taking work to China, it boils down to cost. Keep the work here and I lose it. Nobody eats. Take it off shore, at least my guys eat. A hard fact of todays world economy.

Hail back to pre '98 hubs/components. They had style.

Ditto.

Was quality an issue when you started? We have worked with a number of mfr's in China and each one we have had to work with to greatly improve the quality of the products we buy. Truth be told they have improved quickly though we still continue to have issues.

Now, quality issues with India.....oh boy. :crap:

William

OldDog
11-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Ditto.

Was quality an issue when you started? We have worked with a number of mfr's in China and each one we have had to work with to greatly improve the quality of the products we buy. Truth be told they have improved quickly though we still continue to have issues.

Now, quality issues with India.....oh boy. :crap:

William

Domestic items, met spec. QC was not an issue, cost was, and to a lesser extent, on time delivery. Asian product not only met spec but far exceeded it. And that quality has remained beyond that first initial order. As far as delivery goes, the US office of this Asain supplier stocks the product for my release, I have it in a few days. All for about 30% of the cost of domestic product.

Big Dan
11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Chinese Campagnolo parts??? Funny stuff.... :)

coylifut
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
you guys are joking around right? The new Campy stuff isn't really made in China is it?

stevep
11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
the italian section of peking.
only italian hands touch the stuff..but the qc is done by a chinese italian.
ho solo mio

atmo
11-01-2006, 11:03 AM
campagnoro atmo?

Grant McLean
11-01-2006, 11:50 AM
the italian section of peking.
only italian hands touch the stuff..but the qc is done by a chinese italian.
ho solo mio

I know there's a joke about Italian food and a Chinese delivery boy
in there somewhere...

g

swoop
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
you guys are joking around right? The new Campy stuff isn't really made in China is it?

no yoke. duck sauce, soy sauce?

Serotta PETE
11-01-2006, 02:37 PM
no, the packaging is made in eastern europe and the components in Chester Conn.