PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Question

OldDog
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I use Sidi road shoes in the Mega width. I wish to buy a pair of mtn bike shoes, Sidi's, in the Mega width.

I will probably go mail order as no lbs stocks these, I have a question: Is the fit the same between their road and mtn bike shoes?

Thanks for any input.

OD

GD2002
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
I have both Sidi road & mountain in 42.5 regular and they are the same fit.
I can't imagine it's different for their wide version (economies of scale by using the same mould, perhaps?)

Steelhead
10-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, same fit. Check out REI if you are looking for Sidi Dominators in mega. FYI

Bradford
10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes, and that is one of my favorite things about Sidis. I can go back and forth between my bikes with mountain pedals and my bikes with road pedals and my shoes feel the same.

One tip though, try to get a different color. My mountain shoes are black and my road shoes are silver, so if I pack up my stuff and drive to a ride I am less likely to bring the wrong shoes.

coylifut
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, and that is one of my favorite things about Sidis. I can go back and forth between my bikes with mountain pedals and my bikes with road pedals and my shoes feel the same.

One tip though, try to get a different color. My mountain shoes are black and my road shoes are silver, so if I pack up my stuff and drive to a ride I am less likely to bring the wrong shoes.

are you saying you have sliver Sidi road shoes in the mega width?

Bradford
10-31-2006, 03:16 PM
are you saying you have sliver Sidi road shoes in the mega width?
Mine are regular width. I don't know what colors are available in mega.

OldDog
10-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Bradford - thats funny, but a good tip. I have shown up at events with the wrong shoes more than I care to admit.

Coli - I have Megas (edit - road) in silver. Maybe about 4 years old now.

Thanks all for the response. I thought they would be the same but sure does not hurt to ask.

I ask because, I'm going cross'n. I just picked up a Lemond Poprad disc, now in transit. I have not mtn biked in a while and shoes I have are not right. I'm thinking the current 'cross scene might be somewhat like the early mtn bike days from the eighties? Them was good times. Maybe a topic for another thread.

Thanks again.

palincss
10-31-2006, 06:14 PM
I have both Sidi road & mountain in 42.5 regular and they are the same fit.
I can't imagine it's different for their wide version (economies of scale by using the same mould, perhaps?)

I think they use the same uppers for both road and MTB, the only diff I can see is the soles.

Johnnyg
10-31-2006, 06:18 PM
My Mt and road are the same size and model and both fit perfictly. Have fun and ride safely.

coylifut
10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
my mega mtb Sidis seem to have slightly more room in them. However, effectively they are the same.

Does any one know where I can get mega Sidis in silver, white or any other color besides black? When it's 80 plus, the black gets quite hot.