PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France Game - xBox ??

AngryScientist
08-15-2018, 06:34 AM
my son was flipping through the game store on his xbox last night and i spotted this one.

any input? i'm not much of a video game guy but it sparked my interest.

i wonder how you could play a cycling game with an xbox controller?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71xT-tKqkCL._SX342_.jpg

cash05458
08-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Hey Angry, I had this game a few years ago...have to say, fairly boring...decent graphics...but dull...then again, I am not a game guy really...maybe I just didn't have enough patience...

redir
08-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm. I love bike racing but that seems to me like it would be pretty boring :D

chengher87
08-15-2018, 09:52 AM
No it's boring. Might be good for a once in a while jaunt if you want to experience what a DS does or love micro-managing. However, most of the time, the riders don't do what you tell them to do anyway (not in a Chris Froome not helping Wiggins way, but in a I don't think it does anything because the programmers didn't do a great job way).

Not worth anything over $10. If you want a marginally better gameplay experience, get Pro Cycling Manager as that is the more complete game. But even still, I would not pay more than $5 for either game. I have the 2011 version and have read that there isn't much improvement in 7 years.

AngryScientist
08-15-2018, 10:08 AM
good to know. i'll pass.

bikinchris
08-15-2018, 01:59 PM
When we went to the TdF in the Pyrenees, there was a bicycle museum that had a game console. In the game, you were a rider and they would put you through a series of race situations and choices. You also sat in a booth almost surrounded by the video. I don't think I would play it everyday, but it was interesting at the time.

The ride down the famous climbs made my wife feel sick.

benadrian
08-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Hmmmm. I love bike racing but that seems to me like it would be pretty boring :D

Press X 80-90 times per minute for five hours. DO it again the next day. Stop in three weeks.

93KgBike
08-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Zwift is the best cycling video game.

dieonthishill
08-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Zwift is the best cycling video game.

+1

No reason to play anything else.

jruhlen1980
08-16-2018, 10:06 AM
There have been different iterations of this game for years and I've been tempted but the user feedback on all of them has been overwhelmingly that it is a boring, buggy game.

I mean let's be honest I generally only pay attention to the last 30 minutes of a stage anyway so it would take a really good game developer to make this interesting, and all the really good game developers are working on games that people are actually interested in.

cash05458
08-16-2018, 10:11 AM
+1

No reason to play anything else.

Very true...actually, it is hard to call it a "game"...I mean, it makes the xbox move or whatever it is called to get folks moving their arms seem silly...just yesterday I was busting my nuts on Zwift to keep up with Phillipe Gilbert...he dropped me of course eventually.

Heisenberg
08-16-2018, 12:14 PM
I have the PC version and played it on the trainer before the advent of Zwift. It's slow/boring enough that you can get away with it.

In fact, I still play it on the trainer with Zwift running in the bg...