PDA

View Full Version : OT: Computer Help...

PNW
08-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Well...my SSD was full 250GB and was sparked this was having to get a new iPhone so I backed it up to iTunes and did a reset. I tried reloading the backup but it continued to fail due to lack of space on the computer for files.

I started to copy files from the SSD to my 3TB HD to free space then deleted files from the SSD so there wasn’t two duplicates.

Now my desktop is black, only showing my recycle bin with everything gone! I don’t know what to do as our wedding photos are somewhere in there. Does anyone know what to do or can someone walk me through it? My iPhone backup with my work calendar, contacts, pictures, everything was on there too.

jtakeda
08-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Did you back up to your computer up to your hard drive?

If so load from there.

It sounds like you mustve somehow deleted your OS. Id probably just reboot your computer and hold down F8 to reboot from last known configuration

C40_guy
08-13-2018, 07:32 AM
If you've got an Apple store near you, I'd make an appointment with an Apple Genius and spend an hour with them. They should be able to sort it out...

Assuming the computer is an Apple... :)

Bentley
08-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Did you back up to your computer up to your hard drive?

If so load from there.

It sounds like you mustve somehow deleted your OS. Id probably just reboot your computer and hold down F8 to reboot from last known configuration

This...

PNW
08-13-2018, 09:39 AM
I figured it out..I shouldn't have dragged the whole 'Users' folder over because the computer was looking for the OS in my SSD but it was in the HD. I just moved everything back and was really lucky that it worked.

ultraman6970
08-13-2018, 11:30 AM
I was going to sugest to check out the users forlders.... good you figured that one out.

shoota
08-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Back that shiz up dude! It amazes me how many people have irreplaceable photos on their computers completely un-backed up.

PNW
08-13-2018, 03:56 PM
It’s all backed up now...

The issue I’m having is restoring my iPhone with the saved backup. It keeps disconnecting mid backup for some reason and have troubleshooted every thing I’ve been told/seen/heard, etc.