PDA

View Full Version : Castelli zipper ideas?

glepore
08-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I have a san remo speedsuit, couple season old. The zipper is completely stuck in the up position (luckily I wasn't in the suit!). I've tried soap etc. No fabric caught. Anyone have suggestions, hate to throw away such a nice piece of kit.

kramnnim
08-12-2018, 03:05 PM
There's probably a lock in the zipper mechanism that unlocks when you flip the handle up or pull it out...must be broken. Maybe you can pick it loose with a needle.

KonaSS
08-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Google how to fix a zipper. Lots of stuff out there.

glepore
08-12-2018, 07:11 PM
There's probably a lock in the zipper mechanism that unlocks when you flip the handle up or pull it out...must be broken. Maybe you can pick it loose with a needle.

This. It popped out, and is no linger functional, but the skinsuit is...thank you.

And boy, Kona, "go search" responses are snarky.

mdeth1313
08-12-2018, 07:52 PM
It's possible to swap out and repair parts of a zipper. There are repair parts either online or at craft stores. I don't have any experience with that because I took a part off a zipper from an old fleece I had.

kramnnim
08-12-2018, 09:06 PM
So now the zipper works but won’t stay in place? Hmm, trying to think of a workaround

gdw
08-13-2018, 12:44 AM
This. It popped out, and is no linger functional, but the skinsuit is...thank you.

And boy, Kona, "go search" responses are snarky.

He's right, there are numerous sites with detailed instructions on how to repair or replace zippers that can be found by a simple search. Try it and then go to Quest Outfitters and order a new slider, probably a 3, and repair it. https://www.questoutfitters.com/zippers.htm

KonaSS
08-13-2018, 06:01 AM
Not meant to be snarky - do you want me to describe how to fix it, or find your exact problem on google, and see pictures and a detailed description on how to. Sorry, just trying to make sure you used the best resources first.

fignon's barber
08-13-2018, 06:27 AM
I have a san remo speedsuit, couple season old. The zipper is completely stuck in the up position (luckily I wasn't in the suit!). I've tried soap etc. No fabric caught. Anyone have suggestions, hate to throw away such a nice piece of kit.

Maybe contact castelli and ask if they can sell you a new zipper. If they have a repair center (like Assos does), they have spares.

glepore
08-13-2018, 06:57 AM
Thanks all- its functional, just doesn’t “lock” which is fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk