PDA

View Full Version : Moots Fork Decal Question

VanBikeGuy
08-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Thinking of getting a road or RSL fork for my Ti IndyFab and wondering if the decals are easily removable? Anyone if they are over the clearcoat? Would you recommend the regular road or the RSL?

Never
08-12-2018, 01:10 AM
I asked Moots that exact question last year. The decals are under the clear coat.

Hello,
All of the forks have the Moots decal beneath the clear coat.

Thanks,
K A Y L A P A R K E R | Office Manager
TEL: 970.879.1676
Moots Cycles <info@moots.com>
www.moots.com

oldpotatoe
08-12-2018, 06:31 AM
Thinking of getting a road or RSL fork for my Ti IndyFab and wondering if the decals are easily removable? Anyone if they are over the clearcoat? Would you recommend the regular road or the RSL?

On sale for $199 right now but 40mm rake only(straight steerer, not tapered)..RSL lighter by a bit..show people how cool you are by having a Moots part on yer IF..:)...

rollingbarge
08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
I used one of those discounted forks with some Plasti Dip black spray. Came out ok if you don’t look too close :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12snap
08-13-2018, 03:37 PM
I asked Moots if there were any ride differences between the RSL and regular fork and they said there was no difference. Buy the one you think is better looking.

VanBikeGuy
10-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Bumping this back up. So I ended up purchasing the Moots regular road fork and it looks fantastic, but because it's going on a IF frame my OCD tendencies are getting out of hand and I want to paint over the Moots decals and replace with custom done IF decals.

I found out through Moots that the color code is Dupont 9658, which is also the color code of Mazda 626's in the mid nineties (color code: J3).

A local paint shop can make me up a base coat and provide me with a clear coat to repaint the fork to paint over the Moots, add the new IF decals and spray a clearcoat.

How tough of a job am I attempting? I want it to look nice, but doesn't have to be a pro finish. Any tips?

thanks all!

speedevil
10-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Just an observation - if you're particular enough (and I am as well) to want decals from your frame manufacturer on the fork, then you want a high quality finish on the fork or you'll be disappointed every time you look at it.

Guilty. As. Charged.