PDA

View Full Version : tacx smart bike

AngryScientist
08-09-2018, 09:51 AM
pricey - but this looks like a very nice indoor training machine. everything looks well thought out and executed. just watched the DC rainmaker initial walkthrough, and sounds good.

it would be awesome if some cycling studios bought these.

https://www.clevertraining.com/tacx-neo-bike-smart?utm_campaign=135148_New%20Arrivals%20Tacx%20 Lezyne%20Western%208.8.18&utm_medium=email&utm_source=DotMailerCT&dm_i=3V7Z,2WA4,1JWXTW,BAM5,1

https://smhttp-ssl-43233.nexcesscdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/750x550/602f0fa2c1f0d1ba5e241f914e856ff9/t/8/t8000_tacx_neobike-right_rgb.jpg

LJohnny
08-09-2018, 11:09 AM
I know Peloton is targeted to a whole different audience, but the Tacx machine, albeit pricey indeed, seems like a real featured smart training platform compare to the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fignon's barber
08-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Very cool. In the future, the steering will be integrated into the programing. That would be fun.

ultraman6970
08-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Have to sell all my bikes, spare parts plus my car to buy that thing, it looks super cool tho.

fignon's barber
08-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Have to sell all my bikes, spare parts plus my car to buy that thing, it looks super cool tho.

On face value, it seems a lot. But considering the plain Neo unit you attach to your bike is $1400, the price makes sense I guess. Probably be able to get them for $2500 after they're out for a few months.

OtayBW
08-09-2018, 08:31 PM
On face value, it seems a lot. But considering the plain Neo unit you attach to your bike is $1400, the price makes sense I guess. Probably be able to get them for $2500 after they're out for a few months.I wondered about that myself. I've got a Tacx Neo and I don't know that the additonal $$ for the fixed platform would be worth the extra dough. Probably have to try it to tell for sure, but right now, it doesn't seem likely at first glance....

fignon's barber
08-10-2018, 08:10 AM
I wondered about that myself. I've got a Tacx Neo and I don't know that the additonal $$ for the fixed platform would be worth the extra dough. Probably have to try it to tell for sure, but right now, it doesn't seem likely at first glance....

I'm thinking about the idea that the steering/brakes can be incorporated into a program like zwift. Think about it. You could have real virtual race strategy, like getting on the right wheel in a bunch sprint, taking descents on a tricky downhill, etc. It would make it very lifelike. That's the future. I think 3 or 4 years down the road, this could be really awesome.

LJohnny
08-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Maybe in the next gen Neo the can make an interphase that would allow a front half to be clipped/attached so that owners would have the option to go into something like this from the Neo... that would be an appealing upgrade path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kevinvc
08-10-2018, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking about the idea that the steering/brakes can be incorporated into a program like zwift. Think about it. You could have real virtual race strategy, like getting on the right wheel in a bunch sprint, taking descents on a tricky downhill, etc. It would make it very lifelike. That's the future. I think 3 or 4 years down the road, this could be really awesome.

I like this. If you accidentally rub tires or go into a corner too hot it could throw you off and have an arm rub sandpaper all over you for an even more realistic experience. :banana:

mt2u77
08-10-2018, 01:27 PM
That's not a bad price for a corporate gym. I wish this had come out 4 months ago when the axe came down on us having personal bikes on trainers in our small office gym. We were forced to pick from an approved supplier list of fairly basic spin bikes with power meters, and I think they came in around $2300. $3100 for a full-on "smart" bike doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

AngryScientist
08-10-2018, 01:34 PM
yea, i could probably be down with paying for a cycling studio over the winter months if they had these set-up.

ftf
08-10-2018, 02:53 PM
You get 10% off if you pay a 10 dollar "VIP" fee, which brings it down to 2880.

I think that's a pretty fair price for what it is, and the price will only go down, I would imagine.