PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have headset tools in the greater Seattle area?

Epicus07
08-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Need to replace two headsets and would love the use of a real headset press. Id rather not go the hardware store route. Willing to trade beer and good company for a few minutes of your time.

one60
08-07-2018, 12:49 AM
I would suggest you go to Wright Bros in Fremont. Charles (never Charlie) runs his repair shop as a Co-op. $30 or $40 buys you a lifetime membership and access to workstands and all the tools you will ever need.

Charles is a bit of a curmudgeon but he has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Campy and Shimano. He is happy to show you how to use any tool and willing to step in if you need a bit of assistance.

This place is an amazing resource and deserves our support! Be warned, its also a bit of a time warp...there is no shop like this in Seattle.

cachagua
08-07-2018, 01:29 AM
Second, on Wright Brothers. Definitely a great place, definitely a time-warp, and Charles is definitely a curmudgeon, but with a heart of Vicenza forged alloy.

cribbit
08-07-2018, 03:57 AM
The Bikery is a full co op. Bike works is a non profit that lets its shop be used like a co op a couple times a week.

R3awak3n
08-07-2018, 04:34 AM
I would suggest you go to Wright Bros in Fremont. Charles (never Charlie) runs his repair shop as a Co-op. $30 or $40 buys you a lifetime membership and access to workstands and all the tools you will ever need.

Charles is a bit of a curmudgeon but he has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Campy and Shimano. He is happy to show you how to use any tool and willing to step in if you need a bit of assistance.

This place is an amazing resource and deserves our support! Be warned, its also a bit of a time warp...there is no shop like this in Seattle.

That place is amazing. I wish I was ridding bikes when I lived in ballard, I went by there a few times and was a very cool place, nothing like it for sure

David Tollefson
08-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Where are you in the "greater Seattle area"?

Epicus07
08-07-2018, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the great recommendations guys. I had forgotten about Wright Bros.

kevintice
08-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Seconding David’s comment-where in Seattle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Epicus07
08-07-2018, 09:22 AM
I live up in Bothell and work in Seattle.

David Tollefson
08-07-2018, 09:52 AM
I live up in Bothell and work in Seattle.

Ah, so south of Puyallup (very near Frederickson) wouldn't help you much.

Epicus07
08-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Yeah, wright bro would be more convenient but I do appreciate the offer.