PDA

View Full Version : Inherited a Serotta Tri Columbus

shushuwheels
08-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Hi to the forum!

I am a new member here (from the UK) and mainly to gain some information on the bike I inherited. It is a Serotta Tri Colorado. Really crazy 90's colours.

I am a cyclist but don't know much about this era of bikes.

It is made from Columbus tubing and has a Dura ace groupset on it.

Is there any way to determine age of the bike?

Is this a decent or collectible bike or just a rider?

Can post up some pictures tomorrow if interested.

Cheers guys!

Joe

shushuwheels
08-03-2018, 06:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9Txw8c3.jpg

shushuwheels
08-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Just added a pic. It has Sante breakset that looks pretty new. Campagnolo C-Record hubs on Mavic rims. Derailleurs are Dura ace. Not pictured is dura ace rear derailleur and shifter that are spares. Cheers. Oh, also look like the wheels are a bit smaller than on my road bike.

donevwil
08-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Welcome!

You might enjoy reviewing the Serotta catalogs in the "Catalogs" section of this form, home page at the bottom.

dustyrider
08-03-2018, 09:27 PM
That’s one long monostay isn’t it?!

Pretty sure it has 650 wheels and rubber...odd sized wheels have always been popular in the tri world. As far as worth, there were a few of these on eBay over the last yearor so in various sizes. Might be worth a completed sales search.

Love the fades of the nineties, I’ve always wanted to know if one of these rides as cool as it looks. Please get it up and running and report back with more pictures!

oliver1850
08-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Love that paint. I think it's either 1991 or 1992. The name changed to Legend Tri in 1993. I wouldn't say it's highly collectible as compared to other Serotta models due to 650C falling out of fashion, but would have been a top quality TT bike in its day.

Hilltopperny
08-04-2018, 03:16 PM
I had a similar colorado ttr. The wheels are definitely 650c. I had drop bars on mine and I recall it being very fast with the smaller circumference wheels.

I don’t believe there is a very big market for these bikes, but it’s got an awesome fade paint job and might be fun to ride every once in a while.

Serotta made awesome riding bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weisan
08-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Long time ago, when I was 14 and just getting into road biking, I installed the tri handlebar that is shown here on my road bike because I like the look of it so much. As I discovered later, it was not very practical so I changed it back after a ride or two. :p

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4153/5146451124_cdd4811618_b.jpg

shushuwheels
08-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Great picture! Yes the wheels are 650's. Campagnolo C-Record hubs so hopefully pretty good. Going to take it for a ride tomorrow and put it through its paces!