PDA

View Full Version : Too noisy to work!

Ozz
08-03-2018, 04:15 PM
If it isn't construction, it's the Blue Angles flying past my window!

Cheers!:beer:

Clean39T
08-03-2018, 04:18 PM
If it isn't construction, it's the Blue Angles flying past my window!

Cheers!:beer:

That's pretty high up...you in the Columbia Tower?

bigbill
08-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Sounds of Freedom!

rcnute
08-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Grandpa and uncle took my son to watch them practice yesterday. He talked about the "turbo jet planes".

Ryan

azrider
08-03-2018, 04:24 PM
WHO HATES THE SOUND OF FREEDOM??

:p;)

Ozz
08-03-2018, 04:24 PM
That's pretty high up...you in the Columbia Tower?

Two Union...almost as high.

Ozz
08-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Almost missed this one typing on this forum

To be clear....I love this stuff!!

unterhausen
08-03-2018, 04:35 PM
I have been on a flight line quite a bit, the sound of freedom can get a little tiresome occasionally. Really, I don't mind too much.

We were all pretty amused when we were investigating a problem on an airplane that did an emergency landing at a private airport because of an engine problem. There was a guy that was building a plane in a small hangar that was really upset when we ran the engine. We didn't do it for too long or too often. The second time we ran it, he ran out of the hanger and drove off in a huff. I would have thought that if there was anyone that could appreciate the sheer power of an F110 it would be a guy building an airplane, but you would be wrong. It's not like we were going to be setting up residence there or something.

azrider
08-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Almost missed this one typing on this forum

To be clear....I love this stuff!!

Great pic! Too cool!! :hello::hello:

Growing up I always loved taking rides in my uncles V twin bonanza. For the longest time (and part of me still does) I always wanted to be a pilot.

ptourkin
08-03-2018, 05:18 PM
WHO HATES THE SOUND OF FREEDOM??

:p;)

Navy vet here. I think we celebrate bombs way too much.

Birddog
08-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Seafair week ?

Ozz
08-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Seafair week ?
yep....
the annual Seattle tradition celebrating our nautical heritage with fast boats, fast planes, and over the top beer consumption!

And who can forget Tex Johnston "selling airplanes (https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/60-years-ago-the-famous-boeing-707-barrel-roll-over-lake-washington/)" at the Gold Cup Hydro races!

Cheers!

oldpotatoe
08-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Navy vet here. I think we celebrate bombs way too much.

Haven't seen a airshow where they actually dropped 500 pounders in a while(dependents cruise, USS Midway-maru...) but the civilians need to see what they pay for, IMHO. Yes, a smaller, more focused military would be a better idea, IMHO(I'm a navy vet also..flew in that dependents day cruise)but it is what it is and the military works for the US, it's citizens. USAF thunderbirds more like syncronized swimming but them and the Blues just showing formation skills..

Thanks for your service, BTW..:)

bigbill
08-04-2018, 07:40 AM
I did three carrier tours and stood a lot of Officer of the Deck, especially during OEF and OIF when we were launching airstrikes from 7pm until 8am. It's hard to describe the noise of a flight deck, I was insulated up in the bridge, but on one occasion during Shock and Awe, a reporter was out on Vulture's Row, a mezzanine just aft of the bridge, using flash photography at night. I stepped out of the bridge and grabbed him by the collar and pulled him inside. Just about that time a Hornet launched on afterburners and I can only describe the noise as nauseating. My ears were ringing for a day.

Dependents cruises on carriers are the best, 50 miles off shore means you can have supersonic fly-by's, usually about 100' off the deck.

bikinchris
08-04-2018, 03:49 PM
That's the sound of recruiting.
Tight formation:
http://www.eaglewheel.us/images/NASP_Airshow/NASP%20Airshow_1946.jpg

We enjoy going to the homecoming show in Pensacola. Great airshow.

bicycletricycle
08-04-2018, 05:28 PM
What an awesomely view