PDA

View Full Version : Coffee dilemma - Help coffee guru's

William
10-30-2006, 07:05 AM
I've been using a Moka pot for about a year now and I've noticed something strange about it. It basically makes two strong cups of of coffee, but the first cup doesn't taste like the second cup. Even if I pour both cups right as the pot is finishing brewing. The first cup is almost bitter where the second has a nice deep coffee flavor. My wife didn't believe that I could tell the difference so she has tried mixing them up on me a number of times but I can tell her which is which every single time.

what's going on here? Thoughts coffee guru's?

William

PS: It doesn't matter what bean I use, result always the same.

flydhest
10-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Pour 1/4 into one cup, 1/2 into the second cup, and 1/4 into the first cup.

ya fool.

William
10-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Pour 1/4 into one cup, 1/2 into the second cup, and 1/4 into the first cup.

ya fool.

I can't work out the math until I've had my coffee. :crap:

William ;)

Kevan
10-30-2006, 07:45 AM
coffee could be so difficult. Glad I gave up on the stuff years ago.

Marco
10-30-2006, 07:47 AM
perhaps too much time has passed since you tasted of the gooooood stuff. Perhaps another package will help you figure this out....

William
10-30-2006, 08:05 AM
perhaps too much time has passed since you tasted of the gooooood stuff. Perhaps another package will help you figure this out....

Marco, you're making me droooool.

William ;)

edouard
10-30-2006, 08:10 AM
after cup 6, it all tastes the same

L84dinr
10-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Let the coffee "settle" in the pot for a couple of minutes. I use a drip coffee maker and found that if I let the coffee sit in the pot for about five minutes the bitterness is neglible; compared to drinking a cup right after the coffe pot has filled.

beungood
10-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been using a Moka pot for about a year now and I've noticed something strange about it. It basically makes two strong cups of of coffee, but the first cup doesn't taste like the second cup. Even if I pour both cups right as the pot is finishing brewing. The first cup is almost bitter where the second has a nice deep coffee flavor. My wife didn't believe that I could tell the difference so she has tried mixing them up on me a number of times but I can tell her which is which every single time.

what's going on here? Thoughts coffee guru's?

William

PS: It doesn't matter what bean I use, result always the same.

Hey! I thought you were being gracious and a good host giving me the first cup! :banana:

beungood
10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
I need my jumbo from Mary Lou's or I am not quite user friendly to the public..

BillyBear
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
... Santos 12 Cup vacuum coffee maker with the matching Bodum Antigua Electric Coffee Grinder, $200 for both and you will never look back...yum! :) :)

William
10-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey! I thought you were being gracious and a good host giving me the first cup! :banana:

I was. I also gave you the privilege of drinking out of the same cup Ahneida Ride drank from when he visited.....didn't wash it or anything. :D

William