PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic region Jones Test Rides?

fixieporteur
08-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Seeking the wisdom of the forum to locate a Jones for a test ride for a small person.

Ideally, looking for a size Small Spaceframe for a test ride, but will consider Spaceframes in the older "One Size" configuration, or the new Small Diamond SWB.

Located in Mid-Atlantic, but willing to travel somewhat to enable a test ride. Thanks!

fixieporteur
08-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Bump! It might help to clarify a test ride is welcome from a shop or a private owner in the Mid-Atlantic region. Thanks!

dan_hudson
08-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Just throwing a dart but you might send The Bicycle Escape in Frederick, MD a note. I know they've sold a fair number of Jones over the years. Perhaps they have something for you to demo. If they do, pretty amazing trails just outside of town.

https://thebicycleescape.com

fixieporteur
08-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Thanks! I called Bicycle Escape and talked with the owner, and got a lot of good info. They don’t specifically have a size small, but the owner offered to show his personal medium/one size spaceframe.

I’ll try to head over to Frederick to learn more, and will also continue searching for a size small to test.

Dad2TnR
08-20-2018, 07:35 AM
Although a test ride is always the best, if you can't get one, give Jeff Jones a call personally. He understands that alot of folks need to buy his bikes sight unseen and can take the time to talk you through the fit on the phone.

I like short reach/tall stack frames for a more upright position and he walked me through the best size for my riding style and proportions. Supper nice guy who loves to talk about bikes!

fixieporteur
08-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Agree, Jeff is very friendly, and patient, too. He has helped me identify the standover fit is really close on a Small diamond frame, thus the need to test ride. The more expensive Spaceframe would have lower standover.

fixieporteur
09-23-2018, 06:30 AM
Finally got over to Bicycle Escape in Frederick, MD. They are super-friendly and showed me the owner’s Spaceframe. Now I want one!