PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti - thanks

bigman
10-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I thought /i would share this with you all. I posted a photo of my GGM - not enough clearance between the rear tire and settube. Litteraly could not pass my credit card through the space!Long story short Dario will repair this if I pick up the cost of the paint job. I am not the original owner - and hats off to NelsonWfrom Gita for help. will post pics when I get the frame back from Italy in a couple of months.

Gave Dario artistic liscense for the paint job - just no pink!

:beer:

rnhood
10-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Nothing wrong with the existing paint job on that bike. Of course there likely will be nothing wrong with it's remake either.

What does he do to increase clearance, install new chainstays?

TimD
10-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Nelson rocks.

Climb01742
10-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Nelson rocks.

yes. and dario too.

dbrk
10-30-2006, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=bigman]Gave Dario artistic liscense for the paint job - just no pink!
/[QUOTE]

Stand up guys, no doubt. But no pink? I always make that a starting point. To each his own!

dbrk

round
10-31-2006, 02:17 AM
Gave Dario artistic liscense for the paint job - just no pink!

:beer:
it is a big risk, some days I am crazy, lately nearly all!!!!

cs124
10-31-2006, 04:51 AM
it is a big risk, some days I am crazy, lately nearly all!!!!
Now I'm jealous! :beer:

bigman
10-31-2006, 07:49 AM
No idea what he does but I assume he cuts off the chain and seat stays tight to the seattube adds some tubing and puts all back in place with slightly different angles.

Actually had to convince Dario that the original design was a not right. He stated that when this frame was made that very short chainstays were in fashion for quick handling. I tried some different tires which helped a little- and at Darios suggestion even new wheels as he said that wheels could affect standover by as much as 1/2"(news to me).
Switched the 06 Zonda's for a new set of open pro's laced to C- record hubs

No difference - told Dario and he agreed to repair.

This will be kind of like getting an improved but brand new looking and familiar bike. :beer: