PDA

View Full Version : Etxe Ondo?

false_Aest
07-29-2018, 09:38 PM
I had forgotten about them until whatshizbutt lost his thingamado and got a new one made.

Who's the US Importer? Anyone know?

Thanks
T

SoCalSteve
07-29-2018, 10:17 PM
I had forgotten about them until whatshizbutt lost his thingamado and got a new one made.

Who's the US Importer? Anyone know?

Thanks
T

Nice stuff! I own a few pairs of their bibs. Hard to find. Competitive Cyclist have them at times. There was a company in the Pacific Northwest that was their distributor, but I don’t think any longer. Spoke to the owner once. He told me they sold direct to CC and it pissed him off.

That’s all I got.

Lionel
07-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Nice stuff indeed but quality is way below par in my experience. 2 bibs came un stitched in very short order for me. Jerseys have been good.

brownhound
07-30-2018, 07:48 AM
There was a company in the Pacific Northwest that was their distributor, but I don’t think any longer.

Was it Centocycling? https://centocycling.com/

They appear to still have a few pieces.

I bought an Etxe Ondo jersey from them once and wore it yesterday - nice quality.

I once wore it on an organized ride in Little Rock(?) and some young, attractive, tipsy girl came up to me afterwards and told me she had been the US sales rep for years. Said it was a family-owned company and quite small and they treated her extremely well. Since I don't usually get attention from any woman, let alone an attractive, young one after a ride, it made quite an impression. I should wear that jersey more.

fignon's barber
07-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Was it Centocycling? https://centocycling.com/

I once wore it on an organized ride in Little Rock(?) and some young, attractive, tipsy girl came up to me afterwards and told me she had been the US sales rep for years. Said it was a family-owned company and quite small and they treated her extremely well. Since I don't usually get attention from any woman, let alone an attractive, young one after a ride, it made quite an impression. I should wear that jersey more.

Post a photo. We can vote. :hello:

fignon's barber
07-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Nice stuff indeed but quality is way below par in my experience. 2 bibs came un stitched in very short order for me. Jerseys have been good.

Same here. Had a pair of their bibs totally unravel. Quite an experience.

Ozz
07-30-2018, 08:32 AM
I have a bunch of their stuff...never had any problems with unraveling. For me, the quality has been great. Sizing is typical euro small...

I used to buy it from Colorado Cyclist when they carried it, then it moved to Competitive Cyclist....I think Cento Cycling sells it via ebay but I have not needed to buy anything and selection seems limited.

They moved away from the "golden chamois" 10+ years ago and all the bibs I use now have the same chamois as used in Capo bibs.

Climb01742
07-30-2018, 08:40 AM
Yep, their 'Golden Chamois' was amazing many years ago. For awhile there, it was all I wore. Loved those bibs. Then poof, the brand seemed to disappear.

jghall
07-30-2018, 09:12 AM
I'm a fan. The few pieces I have are nice.

As mentioned, Competitive Cyclist occasional has some of their line. As does Cento Cycling. Though Cento has limited selection.

merckx
07-30-2018, 09:35 AM
I have a pair of Exte Ondo bib tights remaining in my possession. They have the golden chamois. In my opinion, it is the best chamois I have ever used. All cycling clothing manufacturers have over-engineered the bejesus out of their chamois, and have hence lost their way in the weeds of marketing. Nothing has been more comfortable than the simple, golden chamois from Exte Ondo. I use the tights sparingly so that they don't wear out.

johnniecakes
07-30-2018, 09:57 AM
I have an insulated winter jacket of theirs. Nice stuff, if it ever wears out I will search for a replacement from them. Got mine at the T-Town swap meet maybe 8-10 years ago.

nobuseri
07-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Have a few of their Jerseys. I got them from the NW store mentioned above a couple years ago. Very good stuff. Euro sized, though; just throwing that out there. I think they are still the supplier of the Giant/Shimano team (the team Laurens ten Dam is on).

Also, as mentioned, it's not a brand that's found everywhere.

jimcav
07-30-2018, 10:31 AM
I have a pair of Exte Ondo bib tights remaining in my possession. They have the golden chamois. In my opinion, it is the best chamois I have ever used. All cycling clothing manufacturers have over-engineered the bejesus out of their chamois, and have hence lost their way in the weeds of marketing. Nothing has been more comfortable than the simple, golden chamois from Exte Ondo. I use the tights sparingly so that they don't wear out.

I bought 4 pair of bib shorts in 2006/7 I think and wore out the fabric on two, the golden chamois were still great. It was and is my favorite. I don't ride roads anymore but if i ever do again, i will get them out again and hope the fabric has held up. if it was possible, i'd have the chamois sewn into a diff. par of bibs

merckx
07-30-2018, 10:38 AM
I bought 4 pair of bib shorts in 2006/7 I think and wore out the fabric on two, the golden chamois were still great. It was and is my favorite. I don't ride roads anymore but if i ever do again, i will get them out again and hope the fabric has held up. if it was possible, i'd have the chamois sewn into a diff. par of bibs

I had the same thought about sewing the chamois into another pair of shorts once they wore thin.

Climb01742
07-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Wish I’d thought of that and held onto to mine, but the fabric was really wearing out. Almost cried putting that Golden Chamois in the trash.:crap: