PDA

View Full Version : Joe Blow Digital?

Avispa
10-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Any forum members have had any experience with the Joe Blow Digital pumps?

I have tried the Sport and the Pro, but not the digital. The reason I ask about the digital is because I had to replace my Pro and I noticed they have changed the dial with a new one with a "carbon fiber" background, that only makes it harder to read the digits.

I normally use BAR, not PSI to measure the inflation of my tires and the BAR reading on the new ones is just terrible!

Some bike shops have told me that the Digital pumps are no good... But many times I have found shops giving me the wrong information.

What do you say?

Keith A
10-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I just got a Joe Blow Pro and it is a very nice pump. I don't use the BAR, buth rather the PSI, but you are correct the BARs are very difficult (almost impossible) to read.

I also have the Joe Blow Sport along with a Zefal Husky. The Husky is a good pump too, but the rubber grommets wear out quickly on the pump head and I have to keep replacing them. However, the BAR is easier to read than the PSI on Husky.

PBWrench
10-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Mr C -- I got the top-of-the-line Specialized (non-digital) last year and it is w/o a doubt the best pump I've used (and I pump by BAR). Check one out in a shop and then buy with confidence.

Kevan
10-30-2006, 08:53 AM
digital pumps, but the idea seems hair-brained to me, the idea you would have to eventually replace a battery or worry that it was running dry.

Select a reliable pump with a pressure gauge and if you know your preferred number, but can't read'm, glue or tape a colorful hole punch at that point. Owners with different bikes with different pressure requirements, install different dots if you need'm. Unfortunately the bar numbers always get second class treatment, but who said life was fair. It ain't rocket science.

Keith A
10-30-2006, 08:55 AM
BTW, the BAR numbers are very easy to read on my JB Sport.