PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo cassette spacers

daker13
07-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Any reason NOT to substitute a plastic spacer for a metal one of the same size? I have a Chorus cassette I want to use, but seem to be missing one of the original spacers.

oliver1850
07-22-2018, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about material as long as you are sure of the thickness of the original spacer. Look up your cassette in the parts book and determine if the spacers you have are in the correct places and what the missing one is. For example, early (all?) Chorus 11 cassettes with 12T small cogs used "F" 2.2 mm spacers between cogs 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 5, and between the carriers. Between cog 5 and 6 was an "R" spacer of 2.3 mm thickness.

Avispa
07-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Any reason NOT to substitute a plastic spacer for a metal one of the same size? I have a Chorus cassette I want to use, but seem to be missing one of the original spacers.

I can only think of rust and corrosion. Unless you are willing to take the cassette apart to clean often. Also, be aware that not all spacers on a 10 or 11 Campy cassette are identical.

You can order a pack of these Campy spacers, they do not cost much. Rather than having to deal with a rusted sprocket, which is hard to replace individually and they cost a lot more.