PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Antares recommendation

guru
07-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Test rode a bike that had a Fizik Antares vs saddle and really liked how this saddle felt on an extended ride.Looked through the Fizik website and appears that this model has been discontinued and in its place is the Antares Evo and Antares Open models. Any feedback on either of these two models and how do they compare to the former vs model?

pdonk
07-21-2018, 06:48 PM
I'm interested as well. A devoted antares vs user going to an evo on next bike. Luckily if i don't like it I've got an extra vs in my parts stash.

guru
07-21-2018, 07:03 PM
The vs I ride had a gradual transition from the pressure relief channel to the rest of the saddle. From what I can see on the website the Evo and Open has a more abrupt transition and possibly a pressure ridge?

r_mutt
07-21-2018, 07:34 PM
I’ve been riding the Antares in various forms for nearly 8 years now and just switched over to the Open. Thus far it seems to be just like the regular Antares, with some pressure relief. I did not feel any abrupt transition to the open section- but I’ve never ridden the Antares. The padding seemed too chunky for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk