PDA

View Full Version : No Spoilers Please - TdF Stage 12 NBC Replay Not Available?!?

swaterfall
07-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Logged onto NBC Sports Gold after work. Stage 12 is split into what appears to be 3 parts but the finalé is not available.

Anyone else having this issue?

swaterfall
07-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Coverage ends at 55km to go. So frustrating.

swaterfall
07-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Received this from NBC SG tech supp.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Stage 12 replay will be released in three parts and we currently have the first 2 parts available.

We are working on the third part and will post as soon as it is available.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.

Leo
Customer Support

charliedid
07-19-2018, 09:42 PM
I came home to watch it on regular NBC sports on TV and replay is not until 12:30

Bummer

jlwdm
07-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Part 3 is up now.

Jeff

ultraman6970
07-20-2018, 12:21 AM
Cycling torrents nl....

THey are playing that thing several times a day at the tv, no idea if you have cable or not tho.

marciero
07-20-2018, 06:34 AM
weird. We watched the final 15k or so for a second time on NBC Sports Gold about 2 hrs after I had watched it live, but we were not able to use the slider to go forward or reverse.

cash05458
07-20-2018, 07:45 AM
welcome to the world of NBC...ultraman is correct...head on over to cycling torrents.nl....

ultraman6970
07-20-2018, 08:22 AM
The nice about the dutch place is that you can get the stage with other commentators :D

GregL
07-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've been pretty pleased with NBC Sports Gold (and its predecessors) over the past few years. I just checked my phone app and all of yesterday's stage (ad-free) is available for viewing. Add in all the other races that are available to watch throughout the year and I think it's a pretty good deal.

When I first started following cycle sport in the mid-late 80's, the best you could get for race reporting was when you received a magazine 2-6 weeks after the event. If you had access to the New York Times, you might get a daily paragraph about the Tour de France. By the mid-90s, there were daily 1/2 hour ESPN re-cap shows for the TdF and web stories for most races. Today, we are grumbling about the live and recorded coverage that we get streamed to our phones, mobile devices, and homes. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am amazed at how good the coverage is today!

Greg

Rudy
07-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Cyclingtorrents.nl is “invite only” at present.

saab2000
07-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Totally agree. Been watching for decades and what we have today is better than it has ever been.

I’m amazed at the ad-free coverage on NBC Sports Gold and wonder how the announcers themselves go for hours with no breaks.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've been pretty pleased with NBC Sports Gold (and its predecessors) over the past few years. I just checked my phone app and all of yesterday's stage (ad-free) is available for viewing. Add in all the other races that are available to watch throughout the year and I think it's a pretty good deal.

When I first started following cycle sport in the mid-late 80's, the best you could get for race reporting was when you received a magazine 2-6 weeks after the event. If you had access to the New York Times, you might get a daily paragraph about the Tour de France. By the mid-90s, there were daily 1/2 hour ESPN re-cap shows for the TdF and web stories for most races. Today, we are grumbling about the live and recorded coverage that we get streamed to our phones, mobile devices, and homes. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am amazed at how good the coverage is today!

Greg