PDA

View Full Version : paging Oldpotatoe -- campy ergo shifter issue

teleguy57
07-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Replacing cables on my pre-2015 Chorus Ergos v2, and now the left shift lever is not pulling cable even though I can see the ratchet moving, and the button to downshift to the inner ring is not moving smoothly. What might the problem be and what should I check, signore?

Calnago
07-17-2018, 04:00 PM
I’m not OldPotatoe but I think you might have missed the hole that the cable needs to go through and instead ran it up through the side. Look to make sure the end nub is actually in the ratchet stop, or just pull the cable and rethread it.

zmudshark
07-17-2018, 04:13 PM
That’s my guess as well.

Happens to the best of us.

Jeff N.
07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Yep.

oldpotatoe
07-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Replacing cables on my pre-2015 Chorus Ergos v2, and now the left shift lever is not pulling cable even though I can see the ratchet moving, and the button to downshift to the inner ring is not moving smoothly. What might the problem be and what should I check, signore?

If the inner wire is indeed in hole of spool, may be wee bolt that holds guts together bin rear is loose. Might check front bolt too.

teleguy57
07-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Thanks, all. Will check the cable first, then the bolts.

If I missed the hole that's a big doh on my part!

teleguy57
07-17-2018, 06:35 PM
yes, he found sheepishly, that he missed the spool hole....

Time to keep another pair of reading glasses next to the bike stand.

I'd buy each of you a beer -- but this is the best I can do online:beer::beer::beer::beer:

This is a great place.

donevwil
07-17-2018, 06:52 PM

This made me laugh, perfect for a long stressful Tuesday. I have, BTW, made the same boo-boo.

Just last w/e I dedicated a second pair of readers to the bike room, now have a new higher power pair at the bench in support of the old, scratched and many times repaired pair relegated to the stand.

oldpotatoe
07-18-2018, 06:19 AM

I'd buy each of you a beer -- but this is the best I can do online:beer::beer::beer::beer:

This is a great place.

Best way to get inner wire thru the hole is to thread it with lever off the bike..:)

Ronsonic
07-20-2018, 10:18 AM

There's always paypal :bike:

Lewis Moon
07-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Best way to get inner wire thru the hole is to thread it with lever off the bike..:)

This is one of the headaches involved with being a dyed-in-the-wool Campy guy. It's also a PITA getting the old cable out when it's on the bike. Couple that with the little washer that likes to pop out and run away...I bet if they really tried they could have designed it better.:fight:
Don't get me wrong...Love the way they feel and work, they're just hard to work on.