PDA

View Full Version : time trial handlebar headlight mount

dasein
07-16-2018, 01:07 PM
I use Exposure headlights on my road bikes, but am trying to find a headlight and compatible mount for a time trial bar. On my TT bike, I have a Vision base bar with the typical extensions. I think the base bars are unlikely to be supported by any headlight mounting product currently on the market.

I'm wondering if I can mount a reasonably bright headlight mounted somehow on the underside of the stem. Now that the mornings are darker later, it would be helpful if I could cast some light on my predawn outings. I use an Exposure Toro, so I'm looking for close to that level of output. Willing to buy light and mount, not just mount. Any help?

ptourkin
07-16-2018, 01:15 PM
I use Exposure headlights on my road bikes, but am trying to find a headlight and compatible mount for a time trial bar. On my TT bike, I have a Vision base bar with the typical extensions. I think the base bars are unlikely to be supported by any headlight mounting product currently on the market.

I'm wondering if I can mount a reasonably bright headlight mounted somehow on the underside of the stem. Now that the mornings are darker later, it would be helpful if I could cast some light on my predawn outings. I use an Exposure Toro, so I'm looking for close to that level of output. Willing to buy light and mount, not just mount. Any help?

Look at the Rec-Mounts catalog online. You can use Google Translate. Also, Raceware Direct will 3D print for you if they don't already have one.

dasein
07-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I actually discovered that Exposure now makes a silicone band that wraps around an aerobar. I ordered one, as it should work with my Diablo.Look at the Rec-Mounts catalog online. You can use Google Translate. Also, Raceware Direct will 3D print for you if they don't already have one.

Veloo
07-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Maybe the Problem Solvers QR Nut Light Mount is an option?
I have one.

https://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts/quick_release_nut