PDA

View Full Version : shoe stack height

tch
10-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I just bought some new shoes 1/2 a size larger so I can put some socks in them, and cuz they were on sale and cuz I wanted them -- even though my old shoes are not dead yet. I am hoping to be able to wear both, varying which shoes I put on depending on weather and mood. The issue is that they are a different brand -- Specialized vs. DMT. Do you guys worry about seat height because of possible shoe sole thickness variations? Or is the difference in two soles not enough to concern you? I'm not really interested in re-calibrating my seat height every other ride....
Thoughts?

djg21
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I just bought some new shoes 1/2 a size larger so I can put some socks in them, and cuz they were on sale and cuz I wanted them -- even though my old shoes are not dead yet. I am hoping to be able to wear both, varying which shoes I put on depending on weather and mood. The issue is that they are a different brand -- Specialized vs. DMT. Do you guys worry about seat height because of possible shoe sole thickness variations? Or is the difference in two soles not enough to concern you? I'm not really interested in re-calibrating my seat height every other ride....
Thoughts?

If the soles are different thicknesses, you'll need to adjust for it. Perhaps you should return the new pair and just buy a pair of booties to use in cold weather?

David Kirk
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Could be a little....could be a lot. When you get them you'll need to measure to be sure.

Dave

bostondrunk
10-27-2006, 12:54 PM
When I went from R7's to Shimano R215's, I had to raise my saddle quite a bit.