PDA

View Full Version : Mount for iPhone 7+

charliedid
07-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Quad Lock, Rockform, others?

What to you all like?

I think I prefer a bar vs stem cap mount but a little curious.

EDS
07-16-2018, 09:07 AM
Quad Lock, Rockform, others?

What to you all like?

I think I prefer a bar vs stem cap mount but a little curious.

Quadlock works very for its intended purpose. I use it with my iphone 6 when riding rollers indoors (trainerroad) and when I need directions when riding in a new area (ridewithgps).

charliedid
07-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Quadlock works very for its intended purpose. I use it with my iphone 6 when riding rollers indoors (trainerroad) and when I need directions when riding in a new area (ridewithgps).

Thank You

kppolich
07-16-2018, 01:12 PM
So the 7+ is a big piece of kit and should probably not be mounted out front. Somewhere on the stem or TT would be safest. Not sure what is out there that approved mounting out front. I know I've seen a few 3d printed cases on shapeways, but most of them state for indoor riding only.

I'm also curious if you are mounting it portrait or in landscape orientation?

ColonelJLloyd
07-16-2018, 01:41 PM
So the 7+ is a big piece of kit and should probably not be mounted out front. Somewhere on the stem or TT would be safest. Not sure what is out there that approved mounting out front. I know I've seen a few 3d printed cases on shapeways, but most of them state for indoor riding only.

FWIW, QuadLock addresses all these issues. It is a great case in addition to the mounting options.

Bentley
07-16-2018, 03:15 PM
I’ve used others, this is the best and easy to install. You can mount on the bars, stem. Very good product

charliedid
07-16-2018, 03:27 PM

I would do it portrait on the stem or bars depending on which one I bought.

Right over the stem seems perfect. The Rockform seems to push further out but I don't know if that's really a problem.

Thanks

charliedid
07-16-2018, 03:28 PM
I’ve used others, this is the best and easy to install. You can mount on the bars, stem. Very good product

Cheers

charliedid
07-16-2018, 03:28 PM
FWIW, QuadLock addresses all these issues. It is a great case in addition to the mounting options.

Seems to be a good choice