PDA

View Full Version : William at Canton, MA cross? Inquiring minds want to know

Bruce K
10-27-2006, 07:15 AM
So William,

Are we going to see you and the Effin' Cross Bike at Canton, MA on Sunday?

It's almost in your back yard.

Zanc and I will be there. He promises the new single speed crossonato will be changing hands that day. ;)

I believe Catulle will be there as well. :banana:

Anyone else?

BK

William
10-27-2006, 07:21 AM
So William,

Zanc and I will be there. He promises the new single speed crossonato will be changing hands that day. ;)

Anyone else?

BK

I have a morning class I have to teach until 1:00. How late do the races go?

William

PS: New Zank....ummmmmm <drool> :cool:

inGobwetrust
10-27-2006, 07:22 AM
I'll be there with the new Fessenden 'cross bike.

davids
10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey, that's my neighborhood too!

I haven't completely sussed out my schedule for Sunday (it includes 2 high-school open houses in the afternoon), but I'm hoping for a nice morning ride. I regularly ride right past the MA Hospital School, so maybe I'd be able to stop by & watch the first race. If I can make it, I'll be the bundled-up guy on a Nove...

Meeting Bruce K, Zanc, and Catulle - how could this be bad?

fstrthnu
10-27-2006, 07:41 AM
My girlfriend kim will be racing the women's. I will probably be there cheering her on and hackeling you guys.

Fstrthnu

Bruce K
10-27-2006, 07:56 AM
I'll be the old, fat slow guy on the Serotta at the back of the C race. :rolleyes:

Bk

fstrthnu
10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
I'll be the old, fat slow guy on the Serotta at the back of the C race. :rolleyes:

Bk
And I'll be the lazy bike racer who is watching you race and eating all the free doughnuts and pizza at the registration tent :rolleyes:

Fstrthnu

atmo
10-27-2006, 08:44 AM
i'll be there recruiting elite racers for a new
international galactic team sponsored by a
text messaging service provider atmo. no
one will have more text than us next year.

catulle
10-27-2006, 09:40 AM
So William,

Anyone else?

BK

Yup, imported directly from the tropical rain forest.

atmo
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Yup, imported directly from the tropical rain forest.
do you cats smoke after text atmo.

catulle
10-27-2006, 09:50 AM

My contract requires a trailer decorated with black flowers, marble floors, and a bathtub for Scarlett, atmo. Oh, and Vallenato music, green mangoes, and a Pissarro or two.

Get it...?

catulle
10-27-2006, 09:52 AM

A good smoke afterwards is always de rigueur. A Gitane is preferable.

atmo
10-27-2006, 10:03 AM
My contract requires a trailer decorated with black flowers, marble floors, and a bathtub for Scarlett, atmo. Oh, and Vallenato music, green mangoes, and a Pissarro or two.

Get it...?
yeah - i did see the eiger sanction atmo.
i get it.

fstrthnu
10-27-2006, 10:07 AM

I'll be there in some shady smoke filled room way in the back taking bets with you on race results. I bet that young guy would go faster if we put him in touch with...

Fstrthnu

atmo
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I'll be there in some shady smoke filled room way in the back taking bets with you on race results. I bet that young guy would go faster if we put him in touch with...

Fstrthnu
toby or not toby that is the question atmo.

davids
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I haven't even shown up, and I'm already feeling left out...

manet
10-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Get it...?

nothing like a clean pair

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/easterncaster/IMG_2571.jpg

atmo
10-27-2006, 10:25 AM
i got my 2 hours of training in this
week. i'm ready to face an agitation
situation atmo. 'roid rage.

William
10-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I haven't even shown up, and I'm already feeling left out...

http://patearl.net/cold/cold_rabbit_jpg

Know how you feel. Come on over to my table.

William ;)

Tom
10-27-2006, 10:30 AM

Smoke? It's only good if you catch fire.

AgilisMerlin
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
they have deemed it illegal to do Shots and Beer Bongs on the start line cause i hear they are testing for elevated testosterone levels in the smoking tent.

just wanted to warn everyone. :crap:

AmerliN

fstrthnu
10-27-2006, 10:34 AM
toby or not toby that is the question atmo.

If the cleat fits he can commit imho.

Fstrthnu

atmo
10-27-2006, 10:37 AM
If the cleat fits he can commit imho.

Fstrthnu
is marz better than uranus atmo.

fstrthnu
10-27-2006, 10:47 AM
is marz better than uranus atmo.

Same galaxy imho.

Fstrthnu

atmo
10-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Same galaxy imho.

Fstrthnu
i feel ya kinda atmo

Bruce K
10-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Guys, this race is in Canton for cryin' out loud, not P'Town!! :rolleyes:

See you Sunday.

20+ mph winds - oy vay! :crap: :crap:

BK

catulle
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Pluto remains in the same place but it is no longer in the same galaxy. I feel like Pluto. I heart Pluto. Provo would be the capital of Pluto. Disney was a sorcerer, he did get it. He got his own Pluto.

AgilisMerlin
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Pluto remains in the same place but it is no longer in the same galaxy. I feel like Pluto. I heart Pluto. Provo would be the capital of Pluto. Disney was a sorcerer, he did get it. He got his own Pluto.

i really am trying to keep up on this one. :crap:

making homeade pizza for the kids and the Beck's are flowing.

"say what, again?"

AmerliN

bostondrunk
10-28-2006, 12:30 AM

catulle, stop distracting ritchie with your baking, he needs to weld ma frame

shinomaster
10-28-2006, 02:32 AM
And I'll be the lazy bike racer who is watching you race and eating all the free doughnuts and pizza at the registration tent :rolleyes:

Fstrthnu

Will you be at plymouth? or will you come to Portland for the Hillsboro race? atmo...

manet
10-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Will you be at plymouth? or will you come to Portland for the Hillsboro race? atmo...

love poem of the month

catulle
10-28-2006, 09:32 AM
catulle, stop distracting ritchie with your baking, he needs to weld ma frame

Why do you think I have Tony Montana staking out a home in Chester for? As a matter of fact, Tony's already bribed Spencer (that was easy, Spencer's flesh is weak, atmo).

shinomaster
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
love poem of the month

No Manet, my man-crush is reserved for someone else.....

inGobwetrust
10-29-2006, 01:41 AM

I haven't completely sussed out my schedule for Sunday (it includes 2 high-school open houses in the afternoon), but I'm hoping for a nice morning ride. I regularly ride right past the MA Hospital School, so maybe I'd be able to stop by & watch the first race. If I can make it, I'll be the bundled-up guy on a Nove...

I guess I don't count....... :cool:

davids
10-29-2006, 06:21 AM

I guess I don't count....... :cool:
No, no - you got it all wrong, Gob! We cross-posted. Cross race, see?

RABikes2
10-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Will somebody post how everybody did today at the race? I'd appreciate it. Photos would be fun, too.
RA

atmo
10-29-2006, 06:27 PM
i saw catulle, hysbrian, fstrthnu, brucek, zanc, and jt ferraro.
who was there atmo?

davids
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
i saw catulle, hysbrian, fstrthnu, brucek, zanc, and jt ferraro.
who was there atmo?
I was there for the first races, 10 - 10:40 iirc. My friend Eric and I took a break from our attempt at a Sunday morning ride. Felt very conspicuous standing around on a road bike, atmo. But then we had to get back to being tossed around by the wind for another hour or so...

I met Bruce K, and yelled encouragement to Zanc, Mrs. Zanc, and (if I was correctly informed) fstrthnu's gf. Very disappointed not to meet e-R, catulle, zank, fstrthnu, jt, and especially - especially - inGobwetrust.

It was my first 'cross experience, and it was way fun. One big happy family, and I was sorry I couldn't stay and bask in the glow for hours and hours. But duty called - High School open houses wouldn't wait for racing to end.

I'm hoping to cast a bigger shadow in Providence come December.

shinomaster
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
I was there for the first races, 10 - 10:40 iirc. My friend Eric and I took a break from our attempt at a Sunday morning ride. Felt very conspicuous standing around on a road bike, atmo. But then we had to get back to being tossed around by the wind for another hour or so...

I met Bruce K, and yelled encouragement to Zanc, Mrs. Zanc, and (if I was correctly informed) fstrthnu's gf. Very disappointed not to meet e-R, catulle, zank, fstrthnu, jt, and especially - especially - inGobwetrust.

It was my first 'cross experience, and it was way fun. One big happy family, and I was sorry I couldn't stay and bask in the glow for hours and hours. But duty called - High School open houses wouldn't wait for racing to end.

I'm hoping to cast a bigger shadow in Providence come December.

get a cross bike and race.

catulle
10-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Cross 'effing rules, atmo...!!! (e-RICHIE trademark).

I hopped on the highway from CT and about a half our before Boston a small gray car with a cross bike on top passed me doing almost 100mph. I followed it the best way I could and it led me straight to the race. I got there before 10am, met Mr. & Mrs. Atmo at 11:00 or so and stayed until 12:30 when I had to leave for a meeting in Cambridge. I also had the pleasure of meeting Justin and some of team Atmo's riders. Atmo told me that Bruce was around but sadly I never met him because Atmo was soon taking his red bike around the track like the devil himself. (Please don't say anything but I saw Atmo taking some little blue pills, drinking a can of horny goat juice something or another, and rubbing on his face a cream from a jar labeled HGH. He said it was stuff to erase his wrinkles or something).

Anyway, spending time with the Atmos is always great and replenishing. Goodness can be contagious; or I hope so, anyways. At one point, I saw a short, slightly built, short legged man who looks to be well into his fifties and who was standing in the first row on the starting line. I mentioned to Mrs. Atmo that if he could make it around the track, I could certainly do it too. Mrs. Atmo told me his name and pointed out that he has won several national titles and is one of the best cross riders in the country. Huge serving of humble pie for this here jerk; and well deserved too.

It was also very nice to see a Circle A bicycle from Providence. The rider a very nice young dude who races with a Circle A Bicycles jersey of sorts. I'll try to make it to their shop the first time I have the chance to do so. I loved the grounds where the race took place and the overall environment of the race. This kind of thing leaves me wanting to move to the US (of course, I'd wait until after W goes back to Texas).

I'll post pictures and write a bit more later but my daughter is pushing me off the computer because she has some college applications to fill or something. I'm just very sorry that I didn't get to meet Bruce or any of the other guys. Maybe the next time; then the beer will be on me.

William
10-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Cross 'effing rules, atmo...!!! (e-RICHIE trademark).

It was also very nice to see a Circle A bicycle from Providence. The rider a very nice young dude who races with a Circle A Bicycles jersey of sorts. I'll try to make it to their shop the first time I have the chance to do so. .

Chris is a great guy to meet and talk to. Just tell him the guy with the Old School Aerospoke wheel said Hi. ;)

William