PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need time for planning - Your Best Halloween Prank...

Kevan
10-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Here are two of mine, let's read about yours:

I've got this rubber rat, complete with an internal motor, and a rat trap. You place the rat's beak in the slammed trap, place it on the floor and turn on the motor, and it flops around. Now placement is everything...

Here at the office for the past 3 years I've been shocking the staff. Well, this year I've got a bumper crop of new people (30 or more) who have never been exposed. We have a kitchen at one end of the floor and a small pantry just off the kitchen. The door to the pantry is always left open. I place my rat on the floor, in the shadows of the pantry, so no one actually gets a direct view of the beast, but rather a corner of the eye view that as the person turns their head to investigate the motion the gruesome detail becomes all too true to them.

I've gotten them the last couple years and this year isn't going to be any different. Just more of them. I'm rubbing my hands together in anticipation. Tuesday, I'll be snickering as I hear the screams and laughs waft throughout the floor. I don't deserve this much fun.

The other one: At home, a couple years ago, I'd install a black light out on the front porch, stretch a piece of black cloth, with vertical slits cut in it for my arms to pass thru, across the frame of the screen door, and remove the screen. Then I'd put on black clothes and whitewash my hands and arms until they were pale white. I'd then blast the stereo with all kinds of spooky music and turn off all the lights inside the house. Typically I wouldn't speak, but I might rattle a chain or make moaning sounds. When I say a victim walk up towards the house I'd start playing Bach's Fugue in D minor (Thanks!), stick my hands out and pretend to play the organ. This drove the little kids nuts. Parents would laugh, but the kids wanted none of it. Once I had a bunch of teenage girls come up to the door and I shoved handfuls of candy into the bags forcefully and then at the top of my voice growled, "NOW GOOOOOOO!!!". Well, let me tell you, they never touched the porch steps leaving and I'm pretty sure they didn't light on the walkway either. I'm laughing right now rethinking the event.

Okay, you next....

Too Tall
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty glad we live some distance apart.

gasman
10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I know I'm glad to live on the opposite coast.

Archibald
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Here's a good one, not Halloween related though, and it works better in warm weather.

Take an old purse, briefcase or some sort of suitcase, open it up and then close it around a wasp nest. Yellow Jackets are best. Mean little bastards. Make sure you give it a good shake to get 'em stirred up then leave it on a busy street corner. Someone will inevitably snatch it. The real fun starts with they open it so try and follow them if you can!

Good times, good times!

:banana:

Wayne77
10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Put on some old, very loose clothing. Stuff newspaper, and old rags inside as well. Make sure there's alot coming out the sleeves so your hands and feet are covered. Put some old gloves on as well. Get a large brown paper bag and draw a crude face with small eye holes and place it over your head. Then go plop yourself down on a chair on your porch in an awkward position. Make sure there's alot of lumps in the wrong places with the rags and stuff so you like like the average stupid neighborhood scarecrow on the front porch for decoration. Now comes the fun part: You know the deal, typically kids will walk up and say something lame like "Well, hi Mr. Scarecrow" or "Gee you like like a dummy! Or they'll try to shake your hand. Sometimes it's best to just lift your hand and wave (especially with younger kids of course). The best is when you get the teenagers with nothing better to do than score some free candy at 10PM when all the rest of the kids have gone home. In this case, when they are right in front of you, jump up and scream like a madman.

Good Times. Good Times.

Xyzzy
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvv7MBZk_f4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84rc-N-1siI

I've lost count of how many people I have gotten with this.

http://www.raleighgyros.com/maze1.swf

(Note to self: Never play scary pranks on wife - the couch sure is uncomfortable.)

Xyzzy
10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Put on some old, very loose clothing. Stuff newspaper, and old rags inside as well. Make sure there's alot coming out the sleeves so your hands and feet are covered. Put some old gloves on as well. Get a large brown paper bag and draw a crude face with small eye holes and place it over your head. Then go plop yourself down on a chair on your porch in an awkward position. Make sure there's alot of lumps in the wrong places with the rags and stuff so you like like the average stupid neighborhood scarecrow on the front porch for decoration. Now comes the fun part: You know the deal, typically kids will walk up and say something lame like "Well, hi Mr. Scarecrow" or "Gee you like like a dummy! Or they'll try to shake your hand. Sometimes it's best to just lift your hand and wave (especially with younger kids of course). The best is when you get the teenagers with nothing better to do than score some free candy at 10PM when all the rest of the kids have gone home. In this case, when they are right in front of you, jump up and scream like a madman.

Good Times. Good Times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgojHdHaVA

BumbleBeeDave
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
. . . but somebody told me about it and it sounds great. Get a body skin suit and a couple of boxes of those cyalume light sticks. Break the sticks in half and slather the liquid in them all over you, so you are literally glowing in the dark. It also doesn't hurt to score one of those cheesy space alien masks from the local costume store. Then you just go out running around the neighborhood--but make sure you plan your, uh, exposure so that you can run like hell and "disappear." The guy who told me about this one said it worked great for him down at the local teenage "parking" spot, where he would creep up to the car and peer in the window, making just enough noise to get the attention of the couple inside. Just hope the kid doesn't have a Glock 9mm in the glove box . . . :eek:

BBD

sg8357
10-26-2006, 08:55 PM
You go to the bank, get a deposit slip.
Write on the back of the slip, "I have a gub, put the money in a bag, thanks'
Put the slip back on the pile. The SWAT team gets to get in costume etc.

Then there is the old ICBM, loaded with candy launched at Washington trick.

Helps to have friends on the axis of evil.

The USAF usually flies the Roswell Saucer over CSICOP HQ every year.

Scott G.

Wayne77
10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
You go to the bank, get a deposit slip.
Write on the back of the slip, "I have a gub, put the money in a bag, thanks'

So are bank robbers with colds supposed to be real spooky?

Wayne77
10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgojHdHaVA

:rolleyes:

Disclaimer: Not to be used with people twice your size!

Lincoln
10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
<snip>

(Note to self: Never play scary pranks on wife - the couch sure is uncomfortable.)

That's why I made sure our new couch was long enough to sleep on comfortably :beer:

bcm119
10-27-2006, 02:56 AM
As a kid my neighbor was a mean, bitter old high school history teacher who hated any human under the age of 40. We called him The Troll.

1) My dad liked to shoot antique muzzle loaders and had a large drawer full of black powder tins. He didn't think I knew about this drawer, but I did. I found it when I was 12 or so. With the help of some spent model rocket engines and igniters, a hot glue gun, a ball of wire and a 9 volt battery, I was able to convert The Troll's yard into a mine field over which I had complete control. Well, Halloween for most folks in the neighborhood brought the risk of eggs or t-paper and maybe the gas syphoned from their car... but The Troll's halloween night was punctured by orange flashes and horrific explosions followed by the sulfuric stench of black powder smoke, all in his own front yard. Of course, this didn't last too long as dad eventually noticed the black powder supply dwindling at an alarming rate. Not recommended.

2) Empty 2-liter soda bottles. Crumbled dry ice. A dash of warm water. Ear plugs. Not recommended.

3) 2-inch pvc pipe with one end plugged. A bag of red potatoes. Aerosol hairspray. A lighter. Not recommended.

Ken Robb
10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
nail a 2 foot piece of wood vertically to a 1 foot square base. Drill a hole near the top of the 2 foot piece and rig a hook made from a coat hanger through it. Make another one. Get some strong fishing line about 4 feet longer than your local road is wide. Collect a bunch of empty cans ( 1 Gallon square paint thinner containers are perfect). Tie a bunch of cans to either end of the line, run the line up from the cans to the hook then across the street to the other stand and hook and down to another bunch of cans.
Go hide and watch: when a car comes by the line gets wrapped around the grill and the cans are pulled out behind the cars and it sounds like catastrophic failure of a major component. I have never seen a car damaged but it might cause a stroke in someone with health problems. I do know of one wet passenger's seat.

With the early snow dump some of you might be able to do the old one big snowball in the road, second big snowball in the road, big white rock that looks like just another snowball in the road trick but that usually causes damage so it's not on the approved list.

Probably not a good time to remember the inverted cone of 2 weeks' worth of dog doo-doo and the crater filled with old motor old and moldy blue cheese dressing on a shingle into which someone planted 4 cherry bombs connected by Jet-X wick placed in the hallway of another troll. Ugly cleanup!! Smelly too.

Ozz
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
...When I say a victim walk up towards the house I'd start playing Bach's Fugue in E minor (Do I recall rightly?), ....
Toccata & Fugue in D minor - "Phantom of the Opera" right?

Xyzzy
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toccata_and_Fugue_in_D_minor%2C_BWV_565

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/BWV-565-intro.ogg

rwsaunders
10-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Good old plastic vomit on the subway seat.

Too Tall
10-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Acetylene Oxy mix....turn down the oxygen until it smokes and fill an innertube....small slit...insert spark plug.....you can figure out the rest....oh g-d don't actually do this within 100 yards of anything living or breakable...please...and after it goes off say "boo". Great, really scares small populations ;)

keno
10-28-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm still puzzling over a bank robber with a cold in his hand.

keno

Wayne77
10-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm still puzzling over a bank robber with a cold in his hand.

keno

The ol' "I have a gub" typo. A joke explained is never funny.. oh nevermind.. :rolleyes:

-Wayne "has a cold and bummed since he can't test his new wheels this weekend" 77