PDA

View Full Version : Colorado connection - can someone do a guy a favour?

d_douglas
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Update: Colorado Forumites, can you help me out? sorry for the crosspost...
PLease read my revision - I screwed up.

I have found a rear MTB wheel for a good price in Colorado (not San Francisco as previously mentioned), but as a few of you know, I am living in Switzerland.

Yes, this is worth the hassle.

Is there a kind soul out there who could either pick this up for me (assuming that it is close to where you live - I am waiting for his exact coordinates) or allow him to ship to you, then I can arrange shipping from you to me either here or in Canada (the Homeland).

I think it should be pretty easy and you would make me smile (that's worth alot - I will send you a photo!) Plus, it would be nice to have an expert eye actually look at it and tell me whether it is what he says it is (I have no reason to doubt that this will be the case). I spoke to the guy and he lives just outside of Denver in Highland Ranch (?) If someone lives nearby and could pick it up, great - if someone could allow him to send it to them and then forward it to me, that would be fine too.

In any case, you shall not be out money and you will get to play with a nice wheel - hell, I will even buy you a bottle of wine!!

Thanks for any kind (and quick) replies, Darren

Bud
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Bradford lives in Highlands Ranch. If he is unavailable to meet the guy, I might be able to meet up with him sometime. I live about 45-60 minutes from there (depending on traffic).

You might ask the seller if he will be at Veloswap Saturday. If so, I could meet him there as I'm planning on being there anyway.

Bradford
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I am in Highlands Ranch and can do it. I travel a lot, so it might take a week or so, but I'd be happy to help out.

crossjunkee
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm willing to help too. PM if you need me.

BoulderGeek
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not unwilling to help. But, I am pretty far from there, as well.

I'd like a UNIX job in Geneva, though, if you don't mind!

Get me a work visa for Suisse,and I'll deliver the wheel! ;-D

d_douglas
10-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Bradford conveniently lives right near this person, so he has offered to help out - thank you, sir...

Thanks to others for their offers as well.

As for Swiss work Visas, they are few and far between - I work for the UN, so no visa is required - otherwise, I would be out on my arse here. I am also designing a cabin in Romania, and Swiss authorities contacted me to ask about it, presumably to confirm whether or not they could tax me as well as whether I was an 'enemy of the canton'...

I will keep me eyes peeled for jobs for everyone (as long as they don't relate to architecture and urban planning).

Any arch's in NY area need a junior expert as a job trade? My wife could move to the UN in NYC pretty easily, I think, so I need to make a living there too, I suppose...

Bradford
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I now have the wheel. It is sooooo nice. I'm not sure I'm going to send it to you. I think I just might keep it for my own bike. :D

Sandy
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Bad Bradford! Bad Boy!

Sandy

d_douglas
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Oooooh - that's rich.

Thanks again Bradford - looking forward to seeing it. You will have good Karma coming your way soon...

Darren

H.Frank Beshear
10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I now have the wheel. It is sooooo nice. I'm not sure I'm going to send it to you. I think I just might keep it for my own bike. :D

If the wheel fits you must commit. :D Cool beans Bradford. Good job, Frank