PDA

View Full Version : Snow snow snow

Bud
10-26-2006, 08:38 AM
So far in October, I've recorded 16" of the white stuff here at home, and it's snowing pretty good right now. I think I need to go skiing this weekend, although it is supposed to be 65 and sunny here on Saturday. A-Basin's been open for two weeks already (just a couple of runs, but that's cool). And since I'm not done with my bike build yet (and I'm using the wheels off the good bike for the commuter- planning on building another set this winter) I have nothing to ride anyway!

So who's ready to ski? :cool:

L84dinr
10-26-2006, 08:55 AM
My family is! Although we have to wait till spring break dad gummit!!! Have reservations for breck. I am going to learn snow boarding this year. Waited till the last day to take lessons last time we went skiing; (I really shouldn't as I still have much to learn on skis), Man I have never fallen as hard as when i as trying too learn snowboarding. I am sticking Kevin, who is five, on a board as well. He should pick it up relatively easy. He picked up skis fairly easy.

My wife and daughters will prolly stick with skis this year.

Everybody think SNOW!

Bradford
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
I've been itchin' to ski, especially with the dump we are getting down here in Highlands Ranch. Looks like about 4 inches so far and still coming down. Good thing I can work from home today.

Unfortunately, like everything else, skiing is on hold until the baby get's a little bigger. I hope to squeeze in a few days this year, but not sure when.

Bud, buy the way, I have an extra set of shimano 9 speed wheels I could let you borrow until you get your bike up and running. We can't have you without a ride.

David Kirk
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
There is enough snow here in the mountains to ski now. Way early for this much that's for sure. I haven't been up yet but I hear from those that have that it's really good.

All in good time.

Dave

Karbon
10-26-2006, 09:10 AM
It's windy today, supposed to be 80F. Guess no skiing for me :p

Bud
10-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the wheel offer, Bradford. With any luck, I should have the project bike finished up by Sunday night so I will be riding again next week. That completion date is contingent upon me finding the last few bits I need at Veloswap this weekend.

mwos
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm ready to ski! But, you can't get to the ski areas right now! The routes (285 and I-70 ) to the ski areas are closed.

My partner went to A-Basin on Monday. He said the conditions are very good but it was crowded.

This is our 3rd snow storm this month. :)

Kathi

Karin Kirk
10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I just gotta cut my new skins to fit my skis and then I'll be able to go. I figure that skinning and skiing is much better training than all the boring running I've been subjecting myself to!

The weather is supposed to be nice here through the weekend, so I might ride instead, but next week I hope to get out on my skis. Yay!

Kevan
10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I haven't put my sandals away yet.

mwos
10-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Neither have I! It was near 70 here yesterday and the forecast for the weekend is 60's and 70's!

Here in Denver you don't know which toy to play with. Today snowshoes, tomorrow skiing, Sat. biking.

Tailwinds
10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
I am not ready to ski, but I could snowshoe around my neighborhood right now. It looks like about 7+" and increasing in my part of Denver right now.

Avispa
10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
To water ski that is!

The Summer has begun here in So. Florida! Nice 65F this morning and dry...

Any forum members want to come down for a spin?

Cheers :)

alancw3
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
well it is going to be 85 degrees here today. i rode 25 miles this morining. snow! i lived in burlington, vt for a couple of years! you guys are probably all younger than me, but i have to say that florida weather is nice this time of year.

mwos
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
you guys are probably all younger than me

Are you older than 58? :)

gdw
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
It's not snowing hard here in Boulder but I've already lost power three times.

BumbleBeeDave
10-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

BBD

BillyBear
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
thinking about mounting up the studded snows on the atlantis and go play in the snow...remember you are only young once, but you can be immature your whole life! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bud
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
gdw- snow has slacked off here too now. Looks like the total will be about 9" for this round. Power hasn't gone out here, but it's flashed a few times. . .

Karin- good on the new skins! I just got a new pair last year, so I'm ready to skin up and ski down!

Billybear- have fun, bro. Studs are necessary today.

gdw
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
It's no longer snowing here. We probably have about 3 inches of really wet snow on the ground. The sidewalks and streets are slush with a light covering of snow and we have lost power for short periods twice since I last posted. I'm going to take the beater out and ride to the store latter this afternoon. It should be an interesting trip.

Ken Robb
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
I guess I could go down to Mission Bay and water ski--72F and sunny.

crossjunkee
10-26-2006, 03:09 PM
CRAP! As of 2:10pm, it's just rain.

Oh well, at least Loveland got 22". It might time to hit the slopes this weekend!

BoulderGeek
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
5" or so in Lafayette.

I, too, had major power issues this morning. And I have learned that three out of four UPSes aren't up to the task any longer. Grr.

Had fun playing with the dog in the park, though.

I'm going up to Berthoud Pass this weekend to hike for snowboard turns. I'm burnt out on Summit County and Winter Park. I only got two 4-packs of tickets. the rest of the time, I'm going back country.

Glad I took my Nove out last night when it was warm and dry.