PDA

View Full Version : Serotta stem caps for new F3's?

Avispa
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
When I purchased my Legend at the end of last year, the F3 fork that came with that bike had a "standard" cap and plug with "SEROTTA 1972" nicely engraved on it.

Recently, I received my latest Ottrott creation with an F3 fork, but I noticed that the plug is now different. For one it does not include a cap, I guess we can use whatever cap comes with the headset :mad: :(

But I wonder if Serotta plans to make stem caps for this new plugs....

Serotta_Andrew, Serotta_James? Any answers on this one?

Smiley
10-26-2006, 07:07 AM
No , I was told the future forks would need to use the cap from the head set. Also this maybe a re-design from reynolds since the old cap was unique to their design. You know with a allen key that fits two sizes . Smiley

davids
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I've wondered about that - My Seven, with a Wound-Up, has the subtle, elegant Chris King cap. I like it. My Serotta, with a Ouzo Pro, has the gaudier Reynolds cap. I like it less, but it seems like it's designed differently than the simple CK cap.

You're saying that the Ouzo has to use the Ouzo cap, that it's integral to the design?

Lunar Probe
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM
I have one of these incoming.

Keith A
10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Recently, I received my latest Ottrott creation with an F3 forkI want to hear more about your new Ottrott :banana: