PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting satellite television

roman meal
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Now this has nothing to do with cycling, unless she reports Le Tour.

I'm silly like a schoolboy.

Melissa Theuriau Compilation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQLOCU6KBg&mode=related&search=)

It's that silly techno music that sends it over the top.

BumbleBeeDave
10-25-2006, 08:45 PM
. . . and this is REALLY slooooow . . .

Can we cut to the chase? Is this a blooper reel where she doesn't know she's on live and takes off her shirt or something? :rolleyes:

BBD

roman meal
10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
. . . and this is REALLY slooooow . . .

Can we cut to the chase? Is this a blooper reel where she doesn't know she's on live and takes off her shirt or something? :rolleyes:

BBD

Shirt? I was talking about her keen insight and commentary on the news.... Geez, Bee...

;)

BumbleBeeDave
10-25-2006, 08:53 PM
. . . Yeah. Right.

Sorry . . . :beer:

BBD

Louis
10-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Is this a blooper reel where she doesn't know she's on live and takes off her shirt or something?

Dave,

Get you mind out of the gutter. RM mentions this only because of her discussion of Lacan and Derrida at the end of the video.

roman meal
10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Dave,

Get you mind out of the gutter. RM mentions this only because of her discussion of Lacan and Derrida at the end of the video.

I think she said this toward the end:

"Lacan does not accept, however, the traditional subject-object dualism. The Moebius strip, a circular band twisted so that it has neither a definitive inner nor outer surface, is his metaphor for the dialectic between the private and public “sides” of subjectivity. Natural science need not efface this dialectic. I doubt that disenchanting consequences associated with science -- “objectification” in a negative sense, the “death of nature,” anonymity of social relationships, etc. -- are built into the character of scientific explanation itself."

I mean, brilliant.

Louis
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I mean, brilliant.

Exactly, but I can not agree with her interpretation of the Mirror Phase.

roman meal
10-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Exactly, but I can not agree with her interpretation of the Mirror Phase.

But here she is on youtube, stating "The Israeli government, led by Ariel Sharon has designated Yasser Arafat ... the child, described by Lacan as the Mirror Stage, characterized by a megalomaniacal response...

manet
10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
is that the missing 3mm?

roman meal
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
is that the missing 3mm?

more like 5mm.

BumbleBeeDave
10-25-2006, 09:57 PM

"Lacan does not accept, however, the traditional subject-object dualism. The Moebius strip, a circular band twisted so that it has neither a definitive inner nor outer surface, is his metaphor for the dialectic between the private and public “sides” of subjectivity. Natural science need not efface this dialectic. I doubt that disenchanting consequences associated with science -- “objectification” in a negative sense, the “death of nature,” anonymity of social relationships, etc. -- are built into the character of scientific explanation itself. Now I will take off my shirt!"

Yeah, that sounds right . . .

BBD

manet
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
and pleasingly centered _ nice detail

Bud
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Think she shaves her armpits?

gasman
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm glad I know so little French-it is so easy to imagine her talking about the two of us..........um...

Never mind.

I need to increase my meds.

manet
10-25-2006, 10:18 PM
collectible yassar

Kevan
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM

"Lacan does not accept, however, the traditional subject-object dualism. The Moebius strip, a circular band twisted so that it has neither a definitive inner nor outer surface, is his metaphor for the dialectic between the private and public “sides” of subjectivity. Natural science need not efface this dialectic. I doubt that disenchanting consequences associated with science -- “objectification” in a negative sense, the “death of nature,” anonymity of social relationships, etc. -- are built into the character of scientific explanation itself."

I mean, brilliant.

when she talks dirty.

djcwardog
10-26-2006, 11:27 AM
One hour, Canal 2 (as I recall), at 5 pm or so... I'm not usually home in time to catch it, but my wife watches... Reminds us both of the year we recently spent in Nantes, France. It is enlightening to watch their take on our politics and happenings. Also, the same bland BS happening over here is so much better described in French!