PDA

View Full Version : SRAM cassettes compatible with DA 9000?

veloduffer
07-04-2018, 07:09 AM
I have DA 9000 drivetrain and wondering if you can use a SRAM 11 speed cassette on a DA hub and shifters? I think the spline is the same but don’t know if there are spacing or chain issues.

Pardon my ignorance but I’ve been a Campy guy most of my life. I got a bike with DA recently and looking at cassette options. It seems like most Shimano cassettes jump from 11-25 to 11-28. What happened to 13-26 or 12-27?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stien
07-04-2018, 07:11 AM
11 speed is spaced the same across the board. I find Sram to be noisy but it will work just fine. Mfgs added 11t to everything, not awesome for those who don’t need it. Ird does make cassettes starting with 12 or you can make your own. I find a compact does fine in all terrain with cassette changes for me at least, now that I’m not racing.

madsciencenow
07-04-2018, 07:12 AM
In general I think the answer is yes so long as you aren't trying to run a cassette that is larger than your derailleur will accommodate. I've found the following link helpful when I've had similar questions.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/mixing-road-groupsets-what-works-together-and-what-doesnt-2/

oldpotatoe
07-04-2018, 07:14 AM
I have DA 9000 drivetrain and wondering if you can use a SRAM 11 speed cassette on a DA hub and shifters? I think the spline is the same but don’t know if there are spacing or chain issues.

Pardon my ignorance but I’ve been a Campy guy most of my life. I got a bike with DA recently and looking at cassette options. It seems like most Shimano cassettes jump from 11-25 to 11-28. What happened to 13-26 or 12-27?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My condolences->>:)

Yes...sram copied shimano with regards to freehub splines and cogset spacing..11s..

Ultegra and 105(5800) has a 12-25 and DA(9000), 12-25 and 12-28

R3awak3n
07-04-2018, 08:02 AM
11 speed is spaced the same across the board. I find Sram to be noisy but it will work just fine. Mfgs added 11t to everything, not awesome for those who don’t need it. Ird does make cassettes starting with 12 or you can make your own. I find a compact does fine in all terrain with cassette changes for me at least, now that I’m not racing.

you know, I found sram to be noisy as well on my campy drivetrain. Was so noisy and annoying while an ultegra cassette was not. Then I ended up switching that cassette to a sram drivetrain and has been flawless. No noise, just great. Strange.

oldpotatoe
07-04-2018, 08:13 AM
you know, I found sram to be noisy as well on my campy drivetrain. Was so noisy and annoying while an ultegra cassette was not. Then I ended up switching that cassette to a sram drivetrain and has been flawless. No noise, just great. Strange.

Not really..sram has always worked and sounded better with shimano cogsets, chains and sometimes front ders(10s)...:)

jumphigher
07-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Not really..sram has always worked and sounded better with shimano cogsets, chains and sometimes front ders(10s)...:)

That's been my experience as well. I use SRAM cassettes on my 9 speed DA drivetrain and they seem quieter to me and shift smoother than Shimano cassettes. YMMV?