PDA

View Full Version : OT: Flickr on the Fritz?

smontanaro
07-01-2018, 10:49 AM
I've noticed recently that Flickr isn't working well for me at all, at least w.r.t. automatic uploads. If I want to take pictures for use elsewhere on the web, my usual m.o. is as follows:

Take a picture (or three)
Wait for them to auto-upload
Select items of interest from my camera roll, make public
Add them to my "misc" album
Reference them from there

The second and third items seem to be failing lately. Either the pix never appear in my Camera Roll, some do and others don't, or the Flickr app on my phone shows different items than on the desktop website. For example, right now, the app shows four pictures taken today, five yesterday, and one each from Wednesday and Friday. The desktop site shows one picture today, and nothing from Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday.

This is on a recent version of Chrome on Linux. I've cleared my cookies, reloaded the page, and started and stopped the browser. I just tried from Firefox (which I never use). It demonstrates the same broken behavior.

Anyone else having Flickr issues?

Tony
07-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Not Flickr, but having issues with Picasa? No longer able to download pictures to the web.

smontanaro
07-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Whatever was causing problems, the ship eventually righted itself this afternoon.

tylercheung
07-02-2018, 11:03 PM
I hope not...was hoping smugmug would put more resources into it than Yahoo ever did...

velofinds
07-03-2018, 11:27 AM
And yet, Flickr continues to be the best game in town in terms of free photo hosting.

zmudshark
07-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Not Flickr, but having issues with Picasa? No longer able to download pictures to the web.
Picasa is no more, You have to use Google Photos.