PDA

View Full Version : OT: Like Beer?

PNW
06-30-2018, 09:25 PM
It’s getting pretty hot in the valley right now and being a sales rep for the fastest growing brewery in the state, my summers are absolutely crazy. I drove about 4500 miles this month which isn’t bad but definitely a lot! Here’s a picture from an event I put together for an account in southern Oregon. It happened to be during the college World Series as well! (Go Beavers!)

I’ve been making it a habit to bring my bike with me which makes trips more fun! Being on the road is hard, especially multiple days in a row. Cycling has made me feel better not only physically but mentally in addition. If you’re ever in Oregon, come check our brewery out in Pacific City..it’s stunning.

Biggest event with the most handles in Southern Oregon! (30 Taps [emoji50][emoji44])

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/98060cac62ab60bd956c865c9c303120.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/1efeac525a3538edbf48536606ebd130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryScientist
06-30-2018, 09:39 PM
assuming you meant to put this is GD, so moved.

hey - beer is good!

so PNW, is this stuff for sale outside the PNW?

PNW
06-30-2018, 09:48 PM
assuming you meant to put this is GD, so moved.

hey - beer is good!

so PNW, is this stuff for sale outside the PNW?

Yes! I meant GD, thank you!

We’re available in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Hawaii, Bay Area California, Utah (limited), and have been in Nevada. One of our famous beers is Mother of All Storms, a bourbon barrel-aged English style barleywine that is often traded all over the country and highly sought after. I wish we could send our stuff to the other coast.

If you ever want to try our stuff let me know! [emoji6]

parris
06-30-2018, 10:29 PM
I just walked in the door from overtime and opened this thread at the same time I'm enjoying my first "beverage" :beer: !

RobJ
06-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Finishing my 4th coming off a 10 day smoothie cleanse 🤣

To bad not available east of the Mississippi. Your Campy FD will be on its way though!

Cheers my west coast brethren.

jrsbike
06-30-2018, 10:38 PM
SOUR BEERS RULE!!!!!! Preferably not fruity. I like Four Quarters from Vermont and Omme Gang Pale Sour Ale, brewed in Belgium.
If I drink any more IPA I'll start speaking Hindi.

Anarchist
06-30-2018, 10:44 PM
In fact I have been in the place in Pacific City.

Yours is the one with the restaurant? If so, I also had a very good lunch there.

Should have bought a cycling jersey before I left, but I forgot ....

PNW
06-30-2018, 10:45 PM
I just walked in the door from overtime and opened this thread at the same time I'm enjoying my first "beverage" :beer: !

Cheers! I just got home myself and am going to do the same thing. It’s been a crazy long week.

PNW
06-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Finishing my 4th coming off a 10 day smoothie cleanse 🤣

To bad not available east of the Mississippi. Your Campy FD will be on its way though!

Cheers my west coast brethren.

Cheers Rob! That’s hilarious, I’m sure they taste incredible.

Thanks for taking care of me on that end!

PNW
06-30-2018, 10:48 PM
In fact I have been in the place in Pacific City.

Yours is the one with the restaurant? If so, I also had a very good lunch there.

Should have bought a cycling jersey before I left, but I forgot ....

Yeah we have a full restaurant that sits on the sand in front of haystack rock! Too bad we discontinued our jerseys. Our brewmaster is big on cycling!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/54f0fbf5f65fa0a9f19e283e3a28d6a8.jpg

parris
06-30-2018, 10:52 PM
THAT view is just slightly better than mine... OH HELL who am I kidding it's boatloads better than my view! :D

RobJ
06-30-2018, 10:56 PM
Holy crap that place looks awesome. We have some nice places on the east coast beaches but wow that’s awesome. Maybe a late summer Oregon trip should be on tap.

Andy sti
06-30-2018, 10:58 PM
We usually go up to Cannon Beach but I've been wanting to get to Pacific City too. Was just looking up your brewery last month while checking out some coast ideas. Looks good!

Anarchist
06-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Yeah we have a full restaurant that sits on the sand in front of haystack rock! Too bad we discontinued our jerseys. Our brewmaster is big on cycling!

That’s the place. Great place, really good meal. In typical fashion, the wind was howling, but the view was tremendous.

Good for you.

PNW
06-30-2018, 11:02 PM
THAT view is just slightly better than mine... OH HELL who am I kidding it's boatloads better than my view! :D

Probably one of the best brewery locations in the country! We’re super fortunate. Too bad I live two hours away and make it there just for our sales “meetings” and getaways with my wife.

PNW
06-30-2018, 11:03 PM
Holy crap that place looks awesome. We have some nice places on the east coast beaches but wow that’s awesome. Maybe a late summer Oregon trip should be on tap.

Let me know if you do decide to. I’ll hook you up. The Oregon Coast is phenomenal this time of the year. I do love going when there’s a storm as well though.

PNW
06-30-2018, 11:07 PM
That’s the place. Great place, really good meal. In typical fashion, the wind was howling, but the view was tremendous.

Good for you.

Yeah, the food is something special! The clam chowder is rated the highest on the coast for restaurants. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

We usually go up to Cannon Beach but I've been wanting to get to Pacific City too. Was just looking up your brewery last month while checking out some coast ideas. Looks good!

Sweet! Reach out if you have any questions. The cannon beach facility is two years old now and doing really well. Our production facility is in Tillamook where 90% of our product comes from now. Each location has its own brewery.

Pacific city-15bbl
Cannon Beach-10bbl
Tillamook-30bbl

Tony
06-30-2018, 11:41 PM
Was at your brewery not long ago. Had a whiskey infused beer, was awesome!!

soulspinner
07-01-2018, 06:02 AM
yeah we have a full restaurant that sits on the sand in front of haystack rock! Too bad we discontinued our jerseys. Our brewmaster is big on cycling!

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

wow

oldpotatoe
07-01-2018, 07:29 AM

Good thing there aren't any hurricanes up there...:)

Tandem Rider
07-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Dang!, I wish I'd known this a couple months ago!! We made reservations at a little cottage in Yachats for the middle of July. Somehow I need to remember this for next year. Oh, yeah, Pelican makes some nice beers too.

PNW
07-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Was at your brewery not long ago. Had a whiskey infused beer, was awesome!!

Oh yeah, I’m guessing that was our Father of All Tsunami’s or Captain of the Coast! Both are award winning and haven’t been out near as long as our Mother of All Storms!

PNW
07-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Good thing there aren't any hurricanes up there...:)

Oh yeah, that would not be good! There is an huge earthquake that is “supposed” to happen due to a massive fault but hoping that doesn’t happen in my time.

Dang!, I wish I'd known this a couple months ago!! We made reservations at a little cottage in Yachats for the middle of July. Somehow I need to remember this for next year. Oh, yeah, Pelican makes some nice beers too.

Bummer! Let me know next time. We have a hotel across the street, a brand new lodge/restaurant/bar/spa we just finished on the cliff, an airstream park that is very cool, and other options as well!

Steve in SLO
07-01-2018, 12:38 PM
You could do worse than Yachats. We vacation on Stump Beach between Waldport and Yachats every year...unbelievable riding on the Forest Service roads around there, and a fun century ride based in Newport, which also has great crabbing, so we gorge on Dungeness and take long walks on the beach and long hikes in the mountains. We also return home with between 3 and 5 gallon freezer bags of blackberries.

Mr. Squirrel
07-01-2018, 04:46 PM
a good nutty malt on the beach is not nuts. my cousin doug fur plays there often! nuk nuk nuk!

mr. squirrel