PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on my wife's new bike

Smiley
10-25-2006, 06:33 AM
Although she really wanted to add couplers to a steel bike, she had decided to get a Steel CDA with a CS rear end and a F3 fork. A sloper and make it look fast standing still are my marching instructions. I will order a SRAM Rival kit from my pal and get her some new Ultegra pedals and do a fit using the new cleats and new brifters on POCO bars. I think she's really excited and so am I since we just signed up with Santana Tours to do 10 days of Tandem travel with Andy Hamstem and Santana in Tuscany next September 2007.

No better people to tandem with then Santana and the chance to meet and ride with Andy and his wife are priceless ( it may have been cheaper to visit with Steve Hampsten :) )

djg
10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Although she really wanted to add couplers to a steel bike, she had decided to get a Steel CDA with a CS rear end and a F3 fork. A sloper and make it look fast standing still are my marching instructions. I will order a SRAM Rival kit from my pal and get her some new Ultegra pedals and do a fit using the new cleats and new brifters on POCO bars. I think she's really excited and so am I since we just signed up with Santana Tours to do 10 days of Tandem travel with Andy Hamstem and Santana in Tuscany next September 2007.

No better people to tandem with then Santana and the chance to meet and ride with Andy and his wife are priceless ( it may have been cheaper to visit with Steve Hampsten :) )

Tell us something important Smiley. Like, is it gonna be orange?

Serotta PETE
10-25-2006, 07:45 AM
THey probably still have some of the yellow and orange left from when they did his Meivici. Also he would probably help design the paint pattern when he is up seeing you in DEC>

Serotta PETE
10-25-2006, 07:52 AM
I assume you will be getting her a membership to owners club also? :D

RedCoeurd'Acier
10-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Smiley, Get The Attack!!! I have a steel CDA with CS rear that i like. If you get the sram rival group, that will be about a pound lighter than the current dura-ace 10 spd. Post some pics and ride reports when you get it.

Smiley
10-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Red Man , my wife is still hung up on her old CSI , the feeling of riding that bike still is in her head, I can only now try and make those feelings come back to life through a CDA , The ATTACK will be mine :)

RedCoeurd'Acier
10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
that i would love to get back to riding!! Its up in the attic, took it down a couple of weeks ago to check it out! Wishing i could build it up!! There's nothing wrong with a CSI!! She may like the CDA, and may not, because she'll be thinking of the CSI!!! Good luck, Smiley!! :)

mso
10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Being a weight weenie and looking into steel bikes I was wondering if you have the approximate weight on this frame?

zap
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Red Man , my wife is still hung up on her old CSI , the feeling of riding that bike still is in her head, I can only now try and make those feeling come back to life through a CDA , The ATTACK will be mine :)

:) , sounds great. I'd love to take Zip and the tandem to Tuscany one of these days. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks before any trips are planned.

Isn't that older CSI still around?

Smiley
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
That old CSI has been raced pretty hard by its owner .

To be honest with you mso we here in our household never cared about weight of bikes. Just our own body fat :)