PDA

View Full Version : BikeFlights Props

RobJ
06-29-2018, 03:16 PM
There has been some chatter on a few threads mainly around BikeFlights international shipping issues etc. Well their recent customer service has just blown me away.

I shipped an expensive set of wheels to a forum member, east coast to west coast. Used BF and added insurance/declared value. The wheels made their way all the way to a station in CA and they went "lost". Fedex could not locate them or provide any immediate resolution. So I went about filing a claim with Fedex. After a week or two Fedex pays only a part of the claim saying there was no declared value. I sent a simple email to BF to ask them for the original order, since for some reason I had misplaced that email. Instead BF takes it upon themselves to do the research and legwork tracking down this shipment. Low and behold a few days later I get a CALL and email that they found the package sitting at a Fedex warehouse with no labels! They relabel the box and send it on it's way. It made it to it's destination (hopefully in good condition; recipient is out of town). Along the way of the redirection I kept getting status emails from BF. And this was without any requests from me! With this they have earned my continued support.

bward1028
06-29-2018, 05:15 PM
After having other bikeflights shipments "lost," I now always put two labels on the outside and one loose inside at the top of the box. It's helped, but then i moved to SF where FedEx can't do anything right.

AngryScientist
06-29-2018, 05:19 PM
related: i always make sure if i'm shipping something to use gorilla clear tape, which is virtually indestructible to attach the shipping label and completely cover the label with clear tape to keep it affixed. i have had quite a few packages delivered to me with the label starting to come off or damaged.

i have also had great experience with BF customer service.

zmudshark
06-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Label inside of box, and address with phone number written in marker on outside, in addition to label.

I'm a retired UPS driver. Labels fall off all the time.

ColonelJLloyd
06-29-2018, 06:11 PM
After having other bikeflights shipments "lost," I now always put two labels on the outside and one loose inside at the top of the box.

This is now the BikeFlights SOP. I've used them multiple times, but the label I ordered last night spit out 3 copies with instructions as you say. This was not the case when I used BF last month or any time previously.

BF is top shelf.

joosttx
06-29-2018, 06:15 PM
I love Bike Flights! I have used them about 5 times without any issues. For the price you cannot beat them