PDA

View Full Version : Failing G Spring: Ergopower Rebuild

dschlichting
10-24-2006, 08:39 PM
It's that time again . . .where the lever's inability to hold a position suggests the G-Spring is failing.
Some years ago, I had the great service in the form of a rebuild by Branford Bike.
Since Tim is no longer around, anyone got any good sources for the rebuild?
Yeah, yeah, I know about the DIY instructions on campyonly.com; I'd just rather someone with a track record do this.

Jeff Weir
10-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Get in touch with Peter @ Vecchios.com (Boulder Colorado) 303-440-3535
He can take care of this for you.
Jeff

Smiley
10-25-2006, 05:33 AM
Contact Spoke our very own , send it to him along with $ and he'll do a great job. He's in the members list .

Rich_W
10-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Parts can be sourced from Quality Bike Supply. Cyclesport in Park Ridge, NJ has extensive experience with these. If you call for an appointment, they can likely be taken care while you wait since you are coming from LI.

Ahneida Ride
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
You might also try my LBS guru, Rick Trainer, Mountain Cycology,
Ludlow Vt. (802) 228-2722

I believe he has repaired a few. He is an expert at "Tinkering".
Rick is completely honest.

Cyclesport is also a good choice. I purchase my first real bike from them
A Raleigh Carlton Competition. Great shop.

soulspinner
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
guess im lucky my lbs did mine for 12 bucks on the right side. The parts are cheap and the shifting is awesome again. Old guys and their Campy...

vaxn8r
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I would think any shop which actually sells Campy could do it easy. Mine has done it for me several times (and they mostly deal with Shimano). I don't know how to do it but I've been assured it isn't comlicated. No need to send it across country.