PDA

View Full Version : etap blips

vqdriver
06-28-2018, 12:28 PM
anyone using these? if so, can you put up some pics of where you put them, particularly if it's under the tape. seems like they'd be fairly bulky and i wonder how easily they can be actuated under the bar tape.

if you've experimented with different locations, even better. i'm more of a hoods and bar top guy, but i find that shifting in the drops is more cumbersome. i don't usually ride down there unless i'm going into the wind, and then i'm more on the flat section than the hooked part, if that makes any sense..

Nooch
06-28-2018, 12:58 PM
all the bikes I've seen come out of the shop have holes cut out for the blips, so they're not physically under the tape. similar to sprint shifters on di2.

djg21
06-28-2018, 01:35 PM
anyone using these? if so, can you put up some pics of where you put them, particularly if it's under the tape. seems like they'd be fairly bulky and i wonder how easily they can be actuated under the bar tape.

if you've experimented with different locations, even better. i'm more of a hoods and bar top guy, but i find that shifting in the drops is more cumbersome. i don't usually ride down there unless i'm going into the wind, and then i'm more on the flat section than the hooked part, if that makes any sense..

I have two sets installed. One set is on the tops of the bars next to my stem, using the blip clicks, for climbing. The other set is on the insides of the bends in my bars where I can activate them with my thumbs or forefinger when I’m on the drops. I used a little 3M 2-sided tape to secure the bottom set to my bars and wrapped around them, and over their edges. They work great.

R3awak3n
06-28-2018, 01:37 PM
I have it on my bike. One is to mimic a campy thumb button so its under the tape right next to the shifter and one is a climber shifter on the etap pod things. I will take pictures later.

TDot
06-28-2018, 05:31 PM
I've got mine by the stem too. Wrapped under the bar tape which take some planning but no biggee. Work great.

batman1425
06-29-2018, 06:30 AM
Skunkworks in AUS was making custom ones out of mouse buttons for a super small, stealth installation. They were taking orders at one point, not sure if they still are.

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140054&start=30

kramnnim
06-29-2018, 10:40 AM
I have a set of Shimano sprint shifters spliced on to eTap plugs if they'd work for you...

Nooch
06-29-2018, 12:27 PM
I just want buttons like these for the blips, on the hooks...
https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/sram-di2-playstation-shifting-52294/

vqdriver
06-29-2018, 04:37 PM
those custom ones looks cool, as does the shimano sprint shifter. but i'd really want to get away from the hole punch method of getting to these.
anyone have em under the bar tape?

Hakkalugi
06-29-2018, 06:52 PM
I use them close to the stem for climbing. I have flat top bars that don’t work with the Blip clamps, so I used a bit of Velcro. That’s worked very well, I left the Velcro long on the bars so I could fine tune the positions, as well as see if I liked them better for my fingers or thumbs.

R3awak3n
06-29-2018, 07:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LlPYS2c.jpg?1

Yea I put mine under the tape

kramnnim
06-30-2018, 06:31 AM
^^^ the blips are wired to the opposite side? :eek::eek:

R3awak3n
06-30-2018, 07:06 AM
^^^ the blips are wired to the opposite side? :eek::eek:

1 hand shifting, yes! campy style. Also can shift the FD with 1 hand. Works pretty well but I do not use it as much as I thought I would (same with the climber shifter I installed. I just forget about it